Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #31
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
You want something that you can carry on the plane believe me !
Aye it stops kit going AWOL.

07-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi67 Quote
Hi,
Last summer traveled to Laos, Thailand, Viet Nam, Cambodia and Burma.
My wife and I bought 2 Osprey Meridian bags with wheels, a retractable handle with 60 litre capacity; The smaller 20 litre zips off. I used mine for my complete kit. The 40 litre wheeled bag we used for clothes, toiletries and Scotch (for medicinal purposes) but is padded enough would easily hold 2 more kits and a medium format set.
The beauty of the set is they are carry on when split. 40 litre in the baggage compartment and 20 litre in front of you. This allowed us to never have a baggage wait,You and your partner keep mindful of each others stuff while in flight and Know they have not been thrown into the hold. To end, the two can also be used as one unit with backstraps concealed behind a zippered flap on the 40 litre bag! They are still like new. Cost us $400 CDN ea.
I was really excited about this concept. I've searched online for a 40+20 zip-off set, but haven't found it. Do you have a link or advice on where to find? Thanks so much!
07-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #33
Forum Member

I have two Think Tank bags but neither is a roller. The "Airport Takeoff Rolling bag [only has 2 wheels] but should fit in the overhead. Also, it has straps to convert the bag into a backpack.

Jay