Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fight of the Top 4 and a overall winner

This has been covered in separate threads but I would like to combine it all in 1 thread.

As I want to buy the Flash that will serve me today and tomorrow and beyond(To suit my K10D)

AF 360FGZ
AF 540FGZ
Metz 58
Metz 48

I realize that these flash all have good/bad,and also realize that I missed out on the group bay sigma530 super (my Bad luck)but Im in 2 minds and also I dint want to make a mistake with flashes and there current and future uses(as I want to go wireless so I can create the best bare blub effect).

So please If I can have a consensus about a overall best performer

Thanks in advance to all contributors

cheers

06-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
This has been covered in separate threads but I would like to combine it all in 1 thread.

As I want to buy the Flash that will serve me today and tomorrow and beyond(To suit my K10D)

AF 360FGZ
AF 540FGZ
Metz 58
Metz 48

I realize that these flash all have good/bad,and also realize that I missed out on the group bay sigma530 super (my Bad luck)but Im in 2 minds and also I dint want to make a mistake with flashes and there current and future uses(as I want to go wireless so I can create the best bare blub effect).

So please If I can have a consensus about a overall best performer

Thanks in advance to all contributors

cheers
My preference would be the Metz 58 followed by the AF540FGZ. My reasons are that the Metz has USB upgradability and also has a secondary infill flash tube, plus superb Metz build quality. Also a bit cheaper in the UK.

I wouldn't consider the other two because the AF360 has no swivel (I take a lot of portrait shots with bounch or diffusers) and the Metz 48 has no A (Auto) setting, plus both are a little bit on the low side power wise, but they would be useful guns as secondary units in a wireless configuration.
06-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love my 540. It is powerful, has all the neat modes like highspeed flash (HSS), and a plug in for the Pentax P-ttl cord. Like the Pentax ,as opposed to other manufaturers, because you never know when something will change (maybe a future body). Sigma got caught out by this on their flashes and had to be rechipped.
thanks
barondla

Checkout POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #7 WINNERS in P&S forum. Also enter #8. Any type camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject.