Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a Canon

A Canon printer that is! I had a store credit at Adens Camera, I've never had so much trouble spending money as I did with Adens. I could find a lot of things I wanted (too expensive) but nothing I needed (or could afford) so I finally decided to waste my money on one of those 4x6 photo printers.

I bought the Canon Selphy 720 and I must say....WOW! Great little printer and amazing quality. The pictures that come out of this little thing are comparable to lab prints and definitely worth my money. The cost to run this printer isn't exactly cheap, at $34.99+tax for paper and ink it costs about $.37 cents a print instead of $.19 cents at walmart but the quality and convenience is worth the extra money for me. Also, because it's a sub dye, I no longer have to worry about ink levels (ie. not enough of one colour), clogs, wasted paper and more importantly the frustration and headache I had with inkjets. If I buy 108 prints with ink, I'll get exactly 108 beautiful prints with all the right colour.

Just thought I'd share with you in case you're considering buying a 4x6 printer or sub dye.

02-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I got the Canon MP600 combination printer/scanner/copier in December. First printer I've ever had that hasn't placed me in danger of having an aneurysm every time I use it.

The massive upgrade to a decent printer from the piece of junk bottom-of-the-line 5 year old Epson I had been using was also part of the rationale behind upgrading my camera from a 3mp Olympus P&S to the K100d. I think I only printed maybe two photos from the old combo. Now I happily (and easily) print out photos.
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
First printer I've ever had that hasn't placed me in danger of having an aneurysm every time I use it.

Now I happily (and easily) print out photos.
Rofl, I know that frustration all too well The worst part about it was having to watch each and every print come out, all the while with my fingers crossed and praying to the ink gods...Please let there be enough ink...and as soon as I'd see that strong magenta colour my heart would start racing as I tried to cancel the next batch of prints before I wasted another expensive sheet of paper!

Fear no more!