Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just got myself a SpiderPro holster

My equipment carrying demands have grown with time, and my shoulder is starting to hurt every time I carry my full photography kit. I used a BlackRapid RS-7 for a while to better accomodate my DA* 60-250, but it didn't change the fact that most of the weight was on my left shoulder. A while back, during a routine shopping trip to B&H, I saw a display of the Spider camera holster system and I was wondering what how it worked. I did some research online and I was very intrigued by the fact that the camera mounts onto a belt using a special metal holster assembly with a pin on a plate attached onto the camera's tripod socket.

Yesterday, when I went to B&H to get a new K-3 II (and it isn't recalled this time, B&H has purged all recalled stock), I went ahead and acquired a SpiderPro single-camera kit along with one extra plate to go with it. The supplied plate was attached to the battery grip on my K-3 II, while the extra plate is attached to the tripod collar on my 60-250.

What I like about it is the "quick-draw" approach it takes—the camera slides in and out of the holster very quickly and easily, while remaining very secure. Fit and finish are excellent, with the parts designed to withstand extended professional use. My main complaints is that it blocks my right pants pocket and it's very wide making it difficult to put my usual belt-mounted flashlight and phone holsters on the left side. This will mean that I'm not using it every time I go out, only when I expect to do a lot of photography. Nonetheless, I'm happy enough with this holster that I've put away my BlackRapid strap and only plan to use it when I need my K-5.

—DragonLord

08-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use both the B-grip Evo and two 2nd generation Peak Design Capture. I like both and remember seeing the Spider when I was shopping around. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out for you.
08-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how it works on the 150-450,as from the hip may be out of balance on the beast , after using that my DA*300 seems like a 50mm to carry...