Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

Correct Rear Lens Cap for DA 35mm 2.4

I don't know much about Pentax lenses. I want a rear lens cap for the DA 35mm 2.4 lens.

I bought a "universal" S mount, but now I see that doesn't work.

So I guess I should get a K mount right? What about B mount?

Pentax Rear Lens Cap (B) for Bayonet Mount Lenses 31006 B&H

Please help me figure out which rear lens cap is the best for the Pentax DA 35mm f/2.4 prime.

08-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's the right cap, and the OEM one is of course the best one to go with. I guess the B just refers to "bayonet".

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-20-2015, 11:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cmcginty Quote
I bought a "universal" S mount, but now I see that doesn't work.
S mount - better known as M42 "screwmount" is not suitable for bayonet lenses.

So I guess I should get a K mount right? What about B mount?
Here is an assortment of Pentax compatible Rear lens caps:

Note: the Sigma SA/KPR lens cap is best avoided, as it only fits on a lens in a specific rotational orientation*, this is a cause for considerable frustration when one needs to change lenses quickly. All the other lens caps will fit tightly on the bayonet regardless of rotational orientation.

* Hence the Open<>Close mark. The sigma caps for the Art series K mount lenses have an identical characteristic and are also best avoided.
08-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the help so far. Would the Sensei one work well too?

08-21-2015, 07:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Thanks for the help so far. Would the Sensei one work well too?
Yes, and it is certainly cheaper. I've never used one of those before. However, I did buy a bag of 10 knock-off ones off of a Hong Kong ebay seller, and really hated them. There was something strange about them-- trying to remove them, there was a weird suction effect that made me concerned. I threw them all away and decided to just buy the OEM version instead.
08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Note: the Sigma SA/KPR lens cap is best avoided, as it only fits on a lens in a specific rotational orientation*, this is a cause for considerable frustration when one needs to change lenses quickly. All the other lens caps will fit tightly on the bayonet regardless of rotational orientation.

* Hence the Open<>Close mark. The sigma caps for the Art series K mount lenses have an identical characteristic and are also best avoided.
Yes, and my Op/Tech third-party rear lens caps have the same issue -- they only fit in a single orientation denoted by a "bump" along the edge, which needs to be lined up with the orange registration dot on the lens mount. It's frustrating because they are otherwise very nice caps.