Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looking for a case for multiple lenses

I'm looking for a travel bag for lenses. I have my tried and true LowePro 200 sling bag that works great for day trips, but I'm looking for a bag to hold more lenses. I'm not looking for individual bags, more like something rectangular in shape with 8 or more moveable dividers, and preferably soft as opposed to hard, like a Pelican case. It also needs to be at least 10" deep for longer lenses. I may be asking for the impossible, or at least improbable as I just spent over an hour on Google to no avail. If anyone has any knowledge of such a case, please let me know. LowePro comes close with their Magnum 650 AW, although it's designed for both cameras and lenses, and right now, it looks like my best option, but I'm open to others.

Thanks in advance!

08-25-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
how about something like the lowepro below..it also comes in different sizes but you can move the compartments around to store different lens and bodies...i like it on my back but you may prefer the shoulder since you mentioned rectangular

Lowepro LP36504-PWW Flipside Sport 20L Camera Daypack
08-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
how about something like the lowepro below..it also comes in different sizes but you can move the compartments around to store different lens and bodies...i like it on my back but you may prefer the shoulder since you mentioned rectangular

Lowepro LP36504-PWW Flipside Sport 20L Camera Daypack
Not looking to store any bodies, just lenses. I'd also prefer a non-backpack as I already have the sling bag on my back.
08-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the same dilemma not so long ago and found this... Nanuk Padded Divider

You can use with that any bag that fits the divider, soft, hard it does not matter... even your grandmothers travel bag if it is the right size...

Hope this helps.
All the best.

---------- Post added 08-25-15 at 11:52 AM ----------

They are available in different sizes. Just look for the other models too as for the 925, 940.

Pelican make them as well.

08-25-2015, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Tom,
I have some electrical line workers' padded bags for my old gear. These have well padded soft walls and are rectangular,
They don't cost much
but you would need to provide the dividers separately.
Search: "Industrial Gear Bag Yellow Vinyl" and look at some images
08-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
I had the same dilemma not so long ago and found this... Nanuk Padded Divider

You can use with that any bag that fits the divider, soft, hard it does not matter... even your grandmothers travel bag if it is the right size...

Hope this helps.
All the best.

---------- Post added 08-25-15 at 11:52 AM ----------

They are available in different sizes. Just look for the other models too as for the 925, 940.

Pelican make them as well.
I have a couple of Pelican cases, but want to go soft side for this.

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Hi Tom,
I have some electrical line workers' padded bags for my old gear. These have well padded soft walls and are rectangular,
They don't cost much
but you would need to provide the dividers separately.
Search: "Industrial Gear Bag Yellow Vinyl" and look at some images
That looks workable, if I can find some adjustable soft dividers that would fit.
08-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I just posted in my previous post the link for dividers only, not for the cases... You can use it with any case that fits.

08-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I'm looking for a travel bag for lenses. I have my tried and true LowePro 200 sling bag that works great for day trips, but I'm looking for a bag to hold more lenses. I'm not looking for individual bags, more like something rectangular in shape with 8 or more moveable dividers, and preferably soft as opposed to hard, like a Pelican case. It also needs to be at least 10" deep for longer lenses. I may be asking for the impossible, or at least improbable as I just spent over an hour on Google to no avail. If anyone has any knowledge of such a case, please let me know.
What about the 11" OP/Tech bag? OP/TECH USA Accessory Pack . One dislike is the bag measures 11" x 8" x 2.5" and it really would be more useful if it was 3" in height. That extra 1/2" in height would make a difference.

I use mine for storing lenses that aren't currently getting used regularly and not for travel.
08-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Not sure of the depth, but I really like my Domke F-2 Original. I use it for my wedding gigs. Fits tons of gear.
08-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
I just posted in my previous post the link for dividers only, not for the cases... You can use it with any case that fits.
I found this below the Amazon link you posted, and I think it will do what I'm looking for! Vanguard #53

Thanks All!
08-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Suggestion: If most of your lenses aren't that long, use some double lens mount caps to double up the shorter ones. That way you're not reaching deep into the bag.

(I don't really like divided bags. I use a leather bag with some foam padding in the bottom, and keep my lenses in drawstring neoprene pouches, mostly, and my 31/77 limited usually live with my Kenko 1.5x teleconverter in a red neoprene pencil case so they stand out in the bag. I use the OpTech double caps on the 31/77 and the 15+40mmxs.)
08-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Suggestion: If most of your lenses aren't that long, use some double lens mount caps to double up the shorter ones. That way you're not reaching deep into the bag.

(I don't really like divided bags. I use a leather bag with some foam padding in the bottom, and keep my lenses in drawstring neoprene pouches, mostly, and my 31/77 limited usually live with my Kenko 1.5x teleconverter in a red neoprene pencil case so they stand out in the bag. I use the OpTech double caps on the 31/77 and the 15+40mmxs.)
That get's my "Why didn't I think of that?" award winner for the week - and it's only Tuesday! Very neat idea and I just ordered the two pack. May have to order more.

Thanks!
08-25-2015, 03:27 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The single caps are great, too. I really don't understand why we get these nice WR/AW lenses and then put caps on them that don't prevent dust from getting in. The op/tech caps are really nice. I use the singles on my DA* lenses and my 55/1.2.

I also use the double cap to carry my 60-250+kenko TC when I know I'll be using the TC, but not all the time. I can throw the cap plus TC in a pocket when I'm not using it. (usually I couple that combo with the 15mm ltd, which also fits nicely in a pocket)
08-25-2015, 03:35 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
The single caps are great, too. I really don't understand why we get these nice WR/AW lenses and then put caps on them that don't prevent dust from getting in. The op/tech caps are really nice. I use the singles on my DA* lenses and my 55/1.2.

I also use the double cap to carry my 60-250+kenko TC when I know I'll be using the TC, but not all the time. I can throw the cap plus TC in a pocket when I'm not using it. (usually I couple that combo with the 15mm ltd, which also fits nicely in a pocket)
For the same reason they give us a camera strap that is uncomfortable with anything more than the bare body and a pancake lens.
08-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This Ikan lens bag is pretty good:

ikan Trekker Lens Bag reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Phil.