02-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #17

Good idea!

I might try CA glue...
02-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
In the same way that the mount on a lens can be removed and added to a Nikon to make it mount on a Pentax K-Mount you can take the mount ring off an old beaten up K-mount camera and drill the appropriate holes to line up with where their existing Nikon version mounts and mount a K-Mount flange on the device. It appears to screw on - should be really simple to convert. Or am I missing something complicated?
I still think the Nikon F mount version plus a couple of eBay, Craigslist, or Goodwill beater K mount bodies or old 2x TC's etc. would permit you to remove the existing Red and chrome parts of the mount (leaving the lens release lever) and align the mount so the release lever lines up (or drill a new one to fit the position) and mount it via screws (you may have to drill the mount to fit the existing holes.

Ideally I would use a K mount not a KA or KAF2 mount to give a simple install.
I wish they made this in M4/3 for my trip to EU. I would probably try it.
12-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I still think the Nikon F mount version plus a couple of eBay, Craigslist, or Goodwill beater K mount bodies or old 2x TC's etc. would permit you to remove the existing Red and chrome parts of the mount (leaving the lens release lever) and align the mount so the release lever lines up (or drill a new one to fit the position) and mount it via screws (you may have to drill the mount to fit the existing holes.
I'm reviving an older thread, sorry for that...

Did anyone in fact try this?I'm curious/worried that the release lever would not properly work with K-mount lenses.

12-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'm reviving an older thread, sorry for that...

Did anyone in fact try this?I'm curious/worried that the release lever would not properly work with K-mount lenses.
I haven't but my thinking was to align the mount so that the pin on the nikon bellows was lined up with the mount hole on the K mount flange. The lens might now be completely right side up at that point but it should be workable. I have a friend who converted his PB-6 Tilt and shift bellows this way but I have no idea of the details and he is sadly deep in dementia at this point.
12-02-2016, 06:17 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I haven't but my thinking was to align the mount so that the pin on the nikon bellows was lined up with the mount hole on the K mount flange. The lens might now be completely right side up at that point but it should be workable.
I'm not familiar with the Nikon mount, I'll have to look into it to better understand your reply.

Considering the need to get two beater Pentax cameras to modify the CaptureLENS, it might be easier to get the Canon version and the 15$ adapters refered to above. Would those allow the lock to engage properly?

I have a friend who converted his PB-6 Tilt and shift bellows this way but I have no idea of the details and he is sadly deep in dementia at this point.
That is so sad, I'm sorry.
12-02-2016, 07:05 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'm not familiar with the Nikon mount, I'll have to look into it to better understand your reply.

Considering the need to get two beater Pentax cameras to modify the CaptureLENS, it might be easier to get the Canon version and the 15$ adapters refered to above. Would those allow the lock to engage properly?

That is so sad, I'm sorry.
My reply was confused. I was thinking of a bellows at the time not the CAPTURElens device. I was saying that both have a pinhole and that if the position of the Nikon was off just by angle you could rotate the Pentax mount until the hole lined up. Then you might need to drill new screw holes etc to get it to fit but the button might work. I'm not certain.