Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2008, 09:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone got a D-BG2 Grip manual as a pdf?

Call me lazy, shortsighted or whatever, I cannot find the on line manual for the D-BG2 Grip. Anyone got a copy or hint to an on-line location?

Cheers
Dale

06-21-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Doesn't even seem to be one on the Pentax web sites or anywhere else on the web. What do you need to know? It's a fairly simple device and acts the same as the buttons on the body.
06-21-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Doesn't even seem to be one on the Pentax web sites or anywhere else on the web. What do you need to know? It's a fairly simple device and acts the same as the buttons on the body.
The on-off button on the grip will not turn the body on. I have to turn the body switch to on, and then the grip switch to on, just to get the grip to work.

I'm not sure if this a feature or an issue.

Dale
06-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's in the design. The grip on off buttons are secondary to the main control switch.

06-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
The on-off button on the grip will not turn the body on. I have to turn the body switch to on, and then the grip switch to on, just to get the grip to work.

I'm not sure if this a feature or an issue.

Dale

I thought the same as you Dale so when one didnt work I turn to the main

cheers
06-21-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

My *assumption* is that the reason for the on/off on the grip is so the heel of your hand doesn't end up snapping more shots than your index finger ... and it works great that way when I remember to turn it off. hehehe
06-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
My *assumption* is that the reason for the on/off on the grip is so the heel of your hand doesn't end up snapping more shots than your index finger ... and it works great that way when I remember to turn it off. hehehe
YES!!

It all makes sense, it would explain all the macro shots of my nose.

Thanks to all.

Dale
06-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
I have it scanned into a PDF. Shoot me an email address and I'll send it to you. I can't load it here because the file is too large.

04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Hi Tom.... can a PentaxForums newbie ask a favor ? I recently bought my first (used) DSLR.. K20D with grip. Could you please email me yur PDF file with grip instructions. I know it is probably mostly just common sense... but ya never know... i'd feel better having the manual to read thru.... I'm in Toronto. halewis@vif.com.......... also... thanks. .
04-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hal Lewis Quote
Hi Tom.... can a PentaxForums newbie ask a favor ? I recently bought my first (used) DSLR.. K20D with grip. Could you please email me yur PDF file with grip instructions. I know it is probably mostly just common sense... but ya never know... i'd feel better having the manual to read thru.... I'm in Toronto.
This thread is nearly 4 years old. I doubt he's going to see this.
Closed Thread