Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2015, 12:15 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can a Flu card replace a remote?

If I have a Flu card, do I need a remote? Does the range, and usefulness of the Flu card exceed that of the remote?

09-27-2015, 12:44 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
If I have a Flu card, do I need a remote? Does the range, and usefulness of the Flu card exceed that of the remote?
You should still have the IR remote. You can't use the flucard in anything but single frame shooting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tighelander Quote
Sort of. You can use your mobile device or your computer to control the camera shutter through a web browser. I did this when camera-scanning my films.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/107-film-processing-scanning-darkroom/294...can-films.html

It's a WiFi connection but I don't know the range of the Flucard. Seeing how small it is, i wouldn't expect the same range as a home router or internal WiFi component in your computer. However, since it's not IR based I imagine you don't need "line of sight" to the camera to trigger it.
09-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No. Mirror up or delay shooting isn't supported, nor any of the other modes that can be remotely triggered. Single shot only.

I use my phone and an app to trigger via ir. Works well, always have it with me.

09-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
I use my phone and an app to trigger via ir. Works well, always have it with me.
I did not know you can trigger the camera with an app, what app you are using ?
09-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

DSLR Remote for Android. Some phones come with an IR transmitter, some don't. I have the Samsung S6, the S5 worked, the S4 didn't. I think the later Iphones have them, but not certain.
09-29-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
thanks, I have a S4