Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FWIW, I just recently got a Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 tripod with a pistol grip off of Craigslist for what I thought was a very decent price: (About half of $100... ) I have had my share of chinese cheapo tripods, so I made up my mind to keep an eye out for a good quality used one. That's definitely the way to go; if you watch PF and CL long enough, you'll find something for about the price of a Chinese one.

10-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #32
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

agreed - I recently scored a nearly-new Manfrotto 3021BN tripod for nearly-silly money... and a slightly used Manfrotto 410 to go with it...
10-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Nice!
10-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I have a Sirui for when I need to travel light but I purchased a slightly bigger and sturdier travel tripod when we went to Scotland as did not trust the Sirui with the Hasselblad and the winds. I forget the brand though.

For when I am not travelling by air I have Manfrottos 190 and 055 however I also use the 055 for large format cameras. A good sturdy tripod for most times and a good folding tripod for when you need to travel light are a great combo. I also need more tripods than others may need as my wife also shoots LF, MF and pinhole cameras as well both of us shoot Pentax film and digitals.
Thanks for the perspective. Yes, travel by air is what I was thinking of. My older Benro CF tripod is too big for the smaller suitcases.