Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Yongnuo compatible intervalometer

I have a Yongnuo YN-560 IV flash and want an intervalometer and better wireless trigger. Does anyone know if the Yongnuo mc-36r intervalometer (or its clone YouPro YP-870) work with the rf605c triggers (or a tx-560)?

10-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

The MC-36R is a wireless remote shutter release that plugs into the cable release on compatible cameras. It is not a wireless flash trigger. (Sync always requires the camera to trigger the flash.) When used in conjunction with wireless flash triggers there is a risk of radio interference between the devices. If are wondering about interference, Yongnuo or their distributor might be a good resource. If you really don't need a wireless remote, the wired version from Yongnou might be a good option and would not have the risk of RF interference. I use a similar wired remote sold under the Bower name:

Bower LCD Timer and Remote Shutter Release (Model RCLC1R) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Either remote requires a compatible camera with a cabled release fitting.

Steve
10-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
eye
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Steve.

The rf-605c triggers can set off both flash and the shutter. It is backwards compatible with yongnuo products that use rf603 and rf602 protocols to communicate. I guess what I want to know is does the mc-36r use the rf602 or 603 wireless protocols? What I want to do is have a single rf-605c in the hot shoe connected to the camera via cable, instead of the dongle that comes with the mc-36r.

I have tried finding specs on mc-36r, but it is EOL, so it's difficult to find anything. It's clone - YouPro YP-870 - can be found through ebay, but the suppliers are Chinese and I haven't had too much luck asking Chinese suppliers complex question like this.
10-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eye Quote
The rf-605c triggers can set off both flash and the shutter. It is backwards compatible with yongnuo products that use rf603 and rf602 protocols to communicate. I guess what I want to know is does the mc-36r use the rf602 or 603 wireless protocols?
Probably not the same protocols, but likely use the same frequencies. That is why I suggest a wired intervalometer.

Steve