Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2015, 03:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

OFC-1 Flucard and Compatible Tablet

Hi All,

Well, seems am another disappointed Flucard owner. Have tried it with my Nook HD, Windows 8.1 Phone and Windows 10 laptop.
Most compatible seemed to be the Nook but no liveview in either Chrome or Firefox. Tried the Flucard firmware upgrade but made no difference.
Unless anyone can tell me how they got the Flucard to work on the Nook, the question now is which inexpensive Android tablet should I buy that obviously is compatible with the Pentax Flucard?

Thanks in advance

10-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

You say no LV, but do you get any communication between the FluCard and the Nook?

I have tried the FluCard with a number of devices (but not a Nook) and found it temperamental, although it works eventually. I found patience was needed to set up the comms link, but once there it worked fine.
10-16-2015, 05:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
You say no LV, but do you get any communication between the FluCard and the Nook?
Yes, the comms seems fine. Can get image view and camera (K-3 II) settings fine. Only, but crucial, fail seems to be the liveview; Can tap the black area and the camera will focus on that (blind shot) area and shoot. Tried knocking down the LV screen resolution but no different.

Last edited by bluespearbone; 10-16-2015 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Added comment regarding LV screen res.
10-16-2015, 06:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nothing I can add I'm afraid, other than wishing you well in resolving it.

I use Samsung (Tab 2) and Asus (Fonepad) and they both are fine once set up, and both are running older Android OS.

Wonder if it's because the Nook is/was principally an eReader?

10-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, JohnX.

Could be, as you have suggested, a problem with the Nook being 'too geared' as an eReader I guess so am now drifting to the notion of following your lead to success by seeking a Samsung Tab 2.
10-16-2015, 08:07 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use it with my kindle, my older kindle and my iphone. the only issue I had was making sure composition adjustment was unchecked. that took a good month to figure and certainly flu card people never mentioned in weeks of email support. but now it works fine, I haven't had an issue with it since.
10-17-2015, 07:40 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
I use it with my kindle, my older kindle and my iphone. the only issue I had was making sure composition adjustment was unchecked. that took a good month to figure and certainly flu card people never mentioned in weeks of email support. but now it works fine, I haven't had an issue with it since.
+1...this could prove helpful to others who can't get it to work

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2015, 01:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
~Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, My, oh my, what a wonderful day, Plenty of sunshine headin' my way, ... Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, Wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir! ~

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
... the only issue I had was making sure composition adjustment was unchecked. that took a good month to figure and certainly flu card people never mentioned in weeks of email support. but now it works fine...
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
...this could prove helpful to others who can't get it to work
Indeed it is Adam. Murfy - you saved me from further frustration; now works, as you say, fine, on my Nook HD.

Thanks again Gents.
10-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #9

Thanks guys!
10-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Is "composition adjustment" a setting on the camera or the tablet?? I might want to get a flu card in the future. Are any tablets NOT compatible with the flu card???
11-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Is "composition adjustment" a setting on the camera or the tablet?? I might want to get a flu card in the future. Are any tablets NOT compatible with the flu card???
the camera, I believe it is under live view settings on the menu, but dont have the camera in front of me. as far as I know, if you can get a browser like chrome on the tablet, it will work. it did not work with the silk browser on kindle, but now they have updated the browser and I believe it does. but use chrome or firefox on the tablet to test first, because I think they stated it only has been tested with those browsers.
11-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Sounds like Android devices should be no problem. Thanks.