Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
anyone else had a problem with broken shutter button on the D-BG2 battery grip?

I enjoy the battery grip for my K10D and keep it on the camera almost all the time. Recently I went to use it to shoot a vertical and found that the shutter button on it wasn't working. The other buttons and dials seem to be fine. Anyone else had this problem?

06-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi sholtzma

Re your experience:

QuoteQuote:
Recently I went to use it to shoot a vertical and found that the shutter button on it wasn't working. The other buttons and dials seem to be fine. Anyone else had this problem?
Join the club ! Occasionally it's as if the internal workings of the battery grip's shutter release button seem to momentarily 'freeze-up' ! The only way I've found of curing the problem is to physically turn the camera off and then back on again, using the main on/off switch on the top of the K10D's body ! It's an irritating trait and seems to happen on an entirely random basis. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have the menu set up so that the camera exhausts the battery in the grip FIRST, before resorting to the one in the body. Hope this makes sense ?

Best regards
Richard
06-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
yup. me too me too. Same "cure".

Frank.
06-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
not in this case

Negative. I tried that "in the field" at the time. No good. Have tried it again since at home. Also made sure: 1) batteries in camera and grip were fully charged; 2) contacts inside grip and between grip and camera were not visibly dirty; 3) tried all other buttons on grip and found them working.

End result: shutter button on grip simply won't work. It won't engage autofocus, it won't engage metering, and it won't trip the shutter.

Any other possible cures?

Thanks.

07-06-2008, 01:27 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Negative. I tried that "in the field" at the time. No good. Have tried it again since at home. Also made sure: 1) batteries in camera and grip were fully charged; 2) contacts inside grip and between grip and camera were not visibly dirty; 3) tried all other buttons on grip and found them working.

End result: shutter button on grip simply won't work. It won't engage autofocus, it won't engage metering, and it won't trip the shutter.

Any other possible cures?

Thanks.
Sorry. Haven't come back to this thread in a while. Take a look at the pins. There have been some reports of the contact pins getting pushed down and stuck. That would certainly cause the grip to malfunction.