Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2015, 04:40 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the Naneu Uraban gear 120, but I think it will be too big. Naneu Urban Series U120n Large Camera Backpack U12001 B&H Photo But they do have one size smaller, which will fit your camera+lenses. (not sure about the tripod in the bag though, but it might fit) Naneu Urban Series U60n Small Camera Backpack U60001 B&H Photo . Or the Sahara, which can be compressed. Naneu Sahara 217F Backpack (Olive) 217003 B&H Photo Video

or the Clik elite escape is an good bag Clik Elite Escape Backpack (Black) CE705BK B&H Photo Video

12-01-2015, 09:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
Well crap.

On the other hand I guess it's a good thing that I found out now...

Just for kicks I pulled out a tape measure and measured the bag I already have. The outside dimensions are almost identical to the one I was thinking about getting. The inside dimensions are not all that different either. In other words that other backpack isn't as small as I thought!

The interior dimensions are comparatively: Incase 19 x 11 x 5.25 vs Lowpro17.3 x 11.8 x 6.5 so the differences are marginal.

The outside dimensions are comparatively: Incase20.5 x 12 x 6.5 vs Lowpro18.5 x 12.6 x 10.2

On the flip side, as John put it...

"It's more of a "haul a bunch of gear to a single location" kind of backpack than a "carry a bunch of gear all day" kind of backpack for me."

That was the whole intention. To be able to pack up and move around a little bit easier, not to haul stuff all day every day. There is no way in hell I would carry all that stuff everyday. That 70-200 is a frickin beast. That is exactly why I don't use that lens that much.

I guess it is a good thing that I had some self control and was doing my homework before I bought a bag. I guess I already have the haul my stuff bag covered.

On the flip side that throws my research into another direction. For my DAY TO DAY bag I would like a backpack that I can carry a K3 with a 16-85 zoom and 3 FA Limited lenses. If I can somehow pack or attach my tripod that would be even better. Light weight gets bonus points.

I need to go back to the drawing board and find a small super light weight bag that will making carrying a camera all day a lot more comfortable. The big bag is too much to carry all day. I am getting worn out on the whole sling bag thing though. The size of the bag is nice. It just needs two straps on it.

if this is your criteria now
then you could try one of these bags

Clik Elite ProBody Sport Backpack (Black) CE708BK B&H Photo

Clik Elite ProBody Sport Backpack with Computer Sleeve CE738GR
Clik Elite Venture 30 Backpack CE709BK B&H Photo Video
Naneu Military Ops Alpha Backpack (Black) APH001 B&H Photo Video (might be a bit too bulky)
Naneu Urban Gear U30 SLR Backpack (Black) U-30BK B&H Photo Video

The venture will take the 70-200. The others will be a tight fit if it will fit. But then you could opt for a lens case and attach it to the hip belt.