Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2015, 04:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Samsung Pro cards have pretty fast read/write speeds, a good price and are water/X-ray/magnet proof and can apparently survive being run over by a 2 ton vehicle. I don't know whether they're the best SD cards out there, but the one I have is certainly the best one I ever had.

Not that any other SD card ever died on me ...

12-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #17

Sandisk Extreme
12-13-2015, 08:40 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Sandisk. Can't beat their performance or the lifetime warranty on most cards, IMO.
+1 on this, never failed me and I rely on them to get paid.
12-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
^this. I use Sandisk cards in all my cameras, and have never had a hint of trouble. Though buy them from a reputable dealer, when something has a good name there are always people who will use that name fraudulently, in order to cash in on it with an inferior product.
+1 on Sandisk. I had several early deaths on Kingston cards. The Sandisk seem to be energizer bunny types.

12-16-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have used various brands and card qualities without trouble proving that various brands and card qualities all are good.

Joking aside, the statistical data on each brand and card type mentioned in this thread is far to small to be statistical proof of anything. I have searched for years for broad survey results, like I have found for HDDs, but I never found something valuable. Only single user posts here and there. So the best answer I can give you is that I don't know, and that recommendations are pure lottery and guesses.
12-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #21
f22

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PNY Elite Performance 95 MB/sec write speed. To me, the write speed is as critical as its reliability.