Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-16-2015, 04:11 AM   #1

Flucard and Internet Exploer

Hi,
Has anyone had experience with the Pentax Flucard and Microsoft Internet Explorer?
I can use it with my Android mobile, but no luck with my PC.
It is the large screen I want to use.
Roger

12-16-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Does your PC's Wifi connect with the FLUcard? If that's the case, then IE should be able to work with it. If the wifi side is OK, have you tried another web browser?
12-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have experiences with IE8, IE10 and IE11 - and none of them will work with the Pentax FluCard. Strangely enough because the FluCard uses simple HTML-code and Java script, but that's nonetheless a fact, (maybe something with IE security settings????).

I also wanted the large PC screen image and my solution was and is: Use Chrome or Firefox. I havent used Firefox for a long time, but Chrome works every time).

Tip: When you use a PC: You will have to minimize the browser window so that you get the full vertical screen image in your browser. Otherwise, the camera controls will not show up on the screen.

Hope, this helps; (for more details, you might consult my review here:FluCard O-FC1 for PENTAX)
12-16-2015, 05:14 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have never tried. My normal machine for this has Chrome. This next few weeks will have me getting an i7 based laptop with Window 10 so I will be able to test Edge against it.

12-16-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Microsoft Internet Explorer is a horrible image viewer. Actually its not an image viewer at all, its a web browser. I recommend to find an image viewer. Personally I prefer Faststone Image viewer for fast and easy viewing in Windows. You get full sized images without borders so you take full use of the whole screen. It also have some other nice features but that is probably too much information for now.
12-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
bxf
Veteran Member

FasrPictureViewer may be worth a look, though I ha no knowledge of whether or not it works with the Flucard.
12-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Apparently, the only official browsers supported with Flucard, according to Ricoh / Pentax, are Safari and Chrome (I use the latter). I just tried my setup with Microsoft Edge (the Windows 10 answer to Internet Explorer) and - although the Flucard control screens come up OK - the live view image does not come up in the window.

12-16-2015, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Topic probably belongs here: Pentax Camera and Field Accessories - PentaxForums.com
12-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #9
Forum Member

I tried the Flucard with my Amazon Kindle HD Silk web browser and it worked. I could see and use the controls and the live image came up. It was a bit slower in responding than my iPhone was, but it is useable. I haven't tried it with Firefox myself yet, but that would be very handy for a Windows laptop.
12-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #10

Original Poster
Flucard works fine with Chrome but......

Hi,
After installing Chrome, my Pentax Flucard is working fine so Internet Explorer is not the browser to use.

The problem I am having now my Flucard sessions disconnect after just a few minutes.
I suspect I need to make some adjustment in the Pentax 3 menu, some help will be appreciated.
Thanks
12-26-2015, 04:08 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dobson Quote
I suspect I need to make some adjustment in the Pentax 3 menu, some help will be appreciated.Thanks

1. Check menu item (on the Settings menu p. 3) "Auto power off".
2. Always use fully charged batteries - or an external power supply - as the FluCard is rather power hungry.
12-26-2015, 05:29 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Microsoft Internet Explorer is a horrible image viewer. Actually its not an image viewer at all, its a web browser. I recommend to find an image viewer. Personally I prefer Faststone Image viewer for fast and easy viewing in Windows. You get full sized images without borders so you take full use of the whole screen. It also have some other nice features but that is probably too much information for now.
Worse than that MS Internet Explorer is extremely flawed and filled with security issues.
Not exactly on topic, BUT...

Instead of trying to get a crap piece of software working, maybe this is a good time and a good excuse to do your self a favor and dump Internet Explorer altogether! Use something like Chrome or Firefox.

* More importantly, FluCard's documentation states it is compatible with Chrome and Safari (as of Sep 2013)

QuoteQuote:
Starting the Browser
Use a web browser in order to use the remote control functions (Remote Capture, Image View and Settings). The following browsers are compatible with these functions. (As of September 2013)
● Chrome
● Safari