Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In the field backup

I dont have a laptop.

I have recently acquired a WD Passport Wireless. A little feedback... It does everything it is supposed to.

After initial set up, I am backing up SD cards in the field, sharing the in camera processed jpgs to my mobile device / tablet and sharing from there to the web.

When back at home, the drive is set up as network storage - or USB storage- for easy access.

I know a few of the other Mfgrs have apps integrated into camers firmware to link up with smart phones and tablets - a quick way to share. While this drive does not bring tethering like those, It brings other value (back up).

Worth considering

12-22-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I concur, I picked up a 2TB one of these in July and it works great! It was initially a little slow on the transfers from SD but after a firmware update it works just fine. Once on the drive the built in WIFI makes it available to my phone and tablet. Haven't used the Flu card with my K3 since I started using this.