Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Get a bag that's really good for hiking. Put the camera in a wrap and put any lenses in neoprene pouches. Put them in the bag. Don't waste space with a special camera-specific bag.

Not to hijack thread but it's a good recommendation. I've spent a lot of time looking at bags and can't seem to find one that fits right. I have a daypack backpack that meets my needs. Looking at wrap for camera and cases for lenses as that will be the way I will travel with gear.

12-25-2015, 06:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have an F-stop Loka UL which is great but not cheap. I like it as it is secure, opens from the back so if you are ever in less safe places you have no worries of pick pockets. It's built like a true hiking backpack. It fits in aircraft carry on (just). And you can chose the size of internal unit for your needs.
12-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All the neoprene lens pouches I have have both belt loops and plastic snap hooks that could attach to a d-ring. So, easy to carry on the outside of the bag as well, when you know you'll want to switch lenses.

(I often keep a large-ish pouch strapped to my black rapid strap when I'm not wearing an outfit conducive to carrying lenses in the pockets, and sometimes with them snapped to my belt loops as well. It works out pretty well.)
12-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered Venture 35 today. I was not convinced the 30 would be big enough even at that awsome price. Hopefully this one will suit my needs.

12-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gastch Quote
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered Venture 35 today. I was not convinced the 30 would be big enough even at that awsome price. Hopefully this one will suit my needs.
I win! He took my advice LOL. No really, you will like this bag a lot. Quality materials and a great fit. I use mine for hiking all the time. It's just really a well made bag.

12-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I win! He took my advice LOL. No really, you will like this bag a lot. Quality materials and a great fit. I use mine for hiking all the time. It's just really a well made bag.
I really could have used those Internet points too...
12-30-2015, 04:14 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
The Clik Elite Venture 30 is my favorite camera hiking bag. High quality materials and adjustable straps. It also has room for a water bladder. And best of all its on sale at BHphotovideo for $89.95. Retail price is $220.95.

Clik Elite Venture 30 Backpack CE709GR B&H Photo Video

I have this one too, and it is great. Had it with me now in Belgium, doing some hikes. I did have the Clik Elite chest carrier Clik Elite Probody SLR Chest Carrier CE703BK B&H Photo Video. So didn't alwasy need to take it off my back when taking a photo