Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Sanyo 2700 mAH

I've been using Energizer 2500 mAH rechargeable with my former K110D and now with the K100D SUPER. They seem to drain quite quickly, but I've read about the K100 being finicky about batteries, so that might explain it.

Decided to give these Sanyoo 2700 mAH rechargeables a try. They had 27 5-star out of 31 reviews on Amazon and I've read some good things about Sanyo on this site. At least their Eneloops. Anyway, they only cost $8.99 shipped off eBay using the Free Shipping up to $10 coupon for June!

Hopefully these will be a cut above the Energizers. If not, $8.99 won't be a big loss.

What does everyone else use on their K110/K100? Is there AA/CRV battery poll that I missed?

06-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
strange, my fiancee is using energizers 2500 in her K100D and we never had an issue with durability. One set on full charge easily manages 500 shots, and stays charged for 3-4 months between shoots. I can't complain about those batteries...
but good luck with sanyos...
06-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There are multiple threads about batteries, but you might have to go back a couple months.
06-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the AA powered Pentax cameras wouldn't use anything but Sanyo Eneloop type batteries (for rechargeables). All other rechargeables will let you down. Normal rechargeables sit in the camera bag a few weeks and are weak by the time their backup is needed.
For people who hate rechargeables (me before Eneloops), the Eveready AA disposable lithiums are great. Run for ever.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST 7 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #8. Any type camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject.

06-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have tried another brand name AA rechargeables before but they don't seem to last very long even after it is freshly charged. I now use 6 sets (4) of Eneloop 2000mAh for my K100D, AFG540 and AFG360 flashes. I charged them everytime it was drained (shut off by camera/flash). After the batteries are charged I store them away separately and marked (number) them accordingly - never mixed them up. This way, my batteries are always ready for use everytime when I need it.

I suppose Eneloop 2700mAh is even better; not aware that they have 2700mAh now. Maybe there are other brands name AA batteries that are equal or better than Eneloop, but for now, I am very happy with the Eneloops as it hasn't failed me once yet.
07-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Got the Sanyos yesterday. They aren't Eneloop.

I only purchased the batteries so I had to put them in the Energizer charger, which is supposed to take 8 hours; however, the light is still on after 10 hours, which is hard to believe as batteries don't usually come dead from the start, right?. The Energizer charger seems to take a long time, even on the Energizers. Maybe I have a defective charger. It usu. takes at least 12 hours!! Time for a "quick charger."
07-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mkawada Quote
Got the Sanyos yesterday. They aren't Eneloop.

I only purchased the batteries so I had to put them in the Energizer charger, which is supposed to take 8 hours; however, the light is still on after 10 hours, which is hard to believe as batteries don't usually come dead from the start, right?. The Energizer charger seems to take a long time, even on the Energizers. Maybe I have a defective charger. It usu. takes at least 12 hours!! Time for a "quick charger."
Of course they aren't Eneloops!

And they *do* come dead from the start if they are 2700 mAh. Precharged batteries (that hold their charge) are currently 2000-2100 mAh max.

Why would you buy a quick charger? With Eneloops you just have to buy one additional set of batteries. Charge them when you have plenty of time and put them in your bag while you use the other set. They keep their charge.

About my Energizers 2500 mAh -I'm seriously thinking about just throwing them away, all of them. They are so useless that giving them away to someone else looks like a hostile act.

07-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Andreas, they come dead from the start? Thanks for clarifying that, as I would never have guessed. I had them in for 10 hours so hopefully they are at least 90-95%. I'm going on a hike today so hopefully they will last (no flash).

And yes, the Energizers 2500 drain very quickly. I get far far lower shots than expected...maybe 1/3rd of what they are advertised to get.