Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Those plastic clips could be a weak point. Make mine metal, please.
I have used OpTech straps for many, many years, in below zero weather and in the heat; I've yet had one of the plastic clips fail! Optech also has this product to double secure the clips:

OP/TECH USA Secure-Its System Connectors

01-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best neck strap I have is the free one I got from SmugMug. I've had the Op/Techs and a few others and didn't like them much. It's too bad the SmugMug straps aren't for sale.
01-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jool Quote
I have a K-3ii and my heaviest lens is my Pentax DA* 60-250 4.0 lens. I have neck and shoulder pain all the time (fibromyalgia) and the strap that comes with the camera is so uncomfortable that I'm in an extreme amount of pain after carrying my camera for a while. I've looked at so many different straps with reviews. The sling ones that attach to only one point on the camera make me nervous (either the tripod connection or one strap loop), but I'm not finding much else that would help solve my problem. Here is a list of them:
Black Rapid
Indigo Marble
Fastfire
Custom
Peak Design
Carry Speed FS-Pro
Luma Labs Cinch
Matin Comfort
Pentax Padded
If anyone has used any of these or has any other suggestions please let me know. I really need to get something else. Thanks for any information you provide.
I've used a sling strap for years, no problems. I have two, one not as comfortable but longer (a Lens Loop) which is great when wearing a jacket. The Black Rapid is more comfortable.

How strong is the tripod mount? When my dogs tore after a deer, after pulling me down a couple times, the K5 got caught in the leash and the heavy split ring failed, allowing the camera to sail about 10 feet. No damage to the tripod mount or camera, but the 55-300 was trashed. I don't bring the camera during fawning season if I'm walking the two huskies and one malamute alone anymore...
01-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #19

Matin Comfort Hand Grip is amazing ! I would highly recommend it!

01-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I highly recommend the Joby Ultrafit. Check their videos. Comfortable, secure, easy to adjust, and way cheaper than a lot of worse straps.

Joby UltraFit Sling Strap For Men (Charcoal, M to XL) JB01257

Comes, IIRC, in two different sizes too, so is suitable for people of varying sizes.
01-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I'm another Op/Tech believer. For my heavier things, I've always used the Op/Tech Pro Strap. OP/TECH USA Pro Strap and Pro Loop Strap The pad portion is a little wider than some of the other straps and that helps distribute the load. I've had one on my DSLR for about 10 years now and another on my 6X7 for about twice that long. Never had any problems with them.