Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Is there any "ready" bag/case for Pentax K-r?

Hi,

I usually like to have/use a "ready" type case/bag for my cameras, and I just picked up a K-r, so I've been trying to find one for it. So far, no luck though.

I noticed that there are ready cases for the K30, e.g.:

http://www.amazon.com/MegaGear-Protective-Leather-Camera-18-135mm/dp/B00Y7Y6E8W

but not for the K-r.

I was looking at cameracomparison.com (I think) to compare the size/shape of the K30 vs. the K-r, and they looks about the same, so was wondering that K-30 case would work with the K-r? Or maybe someone knows of another one?

Thanks,
Jim

01-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't use a 'ready-case' for my K-30, but this site may help you some:

It compares the K-r size to the K-30 size:

Compare camera dimensions side by side

Using the control box on the left, you can switch the view of the camera bodies to get different comparisons and dimensions. Maybe a little bit of help.
01-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Since K-r is an older model, i don't think you'll find regarding current products, references to it in particular. You'll just have to find a case for a similar camera, like you did.

IF you want a leather case (like the one you linked for Ks-2 not K-30 btw) do a body comparison + take into account the lens (the case you put the link to is for the Ks-2 with the 18-135, a slightly larger lens than the 18-55 kit). This wouldn't be a problem though, the problem is when it's the other way around
Use this link for detailed info (camera dimensions including) on Pentax cameras

Or go with a streachable neoprene cover, similar in shape to the one you chose but clearly not as stylish

Good luck with the K-r! It's a good, trusty camera
01-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
I don't use a 'ready-case' for my K-30, but this site may help you some:

It compares the K-r size to the K-30 size:

Compare camera dimensions side by side

Using the control box on the left, you can switch the view of the camera bodies to get different comparisons and dimensions. Maybe a little bit of help.
I've been doing that but was hoping someone might actually have it.

01-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #5

Original Poster
I found one for a K-30:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ITOQK8

using the comparison website, the K-30 looks similar size to the K-r. I think that there may be a fit problem with the top part where the viewfinder is, but worst case I can cut a hole in the top of the case if I have to.

---------- Post added 01-23-16 at 06:37 AM ----------

Pics of the bottoms - K-r vs. K-30:

K-r:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/KR/ZURBATT.JPG

K-30:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/Pentax%20K-30-bottom.jpg

They are definitely different, but hoping that the tripod mount hole is the same place!
01-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hi,

FYI, for the record, I just received this case from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ITOQK8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

and it actually fits the K-r "almost" perfectly. Actually, it is perfect, except the part for the lens is kind of long, like a long "snout". I guess it would be good if I had a long zoom lens, but with smaller lens, it is kind of wasted space.

The body fits perfectly, and the screw on the bottom matches up with the tripod mount on the bottom of the K-r.
01-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great news, glad you found something and also that you shared it here for others!