Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flucard on iPad with Ricoh app

I wanted to try to edit raw images in Lightroom on iPad. I found this app from Ricoh and try to use it to download images from my k3

The flu card works, via browser, while the app is not connecting to the flucard.

The reviews on the app are quite terrible but they don't seem to be related to the problem I am having.

Does anybody have experience with it?
Thanks
Gabriele

01-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by igabc Quote
I wanted to try to edit raw images in Lightroom on iPad. I found this app from Ricoh and try to use it to download images from my k3

The flu card works, via browser, while the app is not connecting to the flucard.

The reviews on the app are quite terrible but they don't seem to be related to the problem I am having.

Thanks
Gabriele
I'm not sure I follow. What app did you find?
01-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks
Gabriele
Are you talking about the image transmitter app? It's only meant to works with the K-S2. The Flucard is basically browser-only.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Well... I tried to install the same app on the play store for android and there I found out that the app works only for the 2 Pentax cameras, k3 not included.

So the point is.... Is it possible to transfer images on iPad (os ver. 9.2.1) via flucard (or any other way) to edit raw images in iPad?

01-25-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Transfer using a browser.
01-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you talking about the image transmitter app? It's only meant to works with the K-S2. The Flucard is basically browser-only.
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Transfer using a browser.
Well... I tried to install the same app on the play store for android and there I found out that the app works only for the 2 Pentax cameras, k3 not included.

So the point is.... Is it possible to transfer images on iPad (os ver. 9.2.1) via flucard (or any other way) to edit raw images in iPad?
Transfer is via browser as indicated by a couple of other folks. The age of the browser may matter - personally I added Chrome rather than monkey with Safari for this particular use.
01-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have worked at getting files off the browser when traveling, and while it is not what the OP asked for, my best solution was an external device. I tried several, and this one works the best for the pretty cheap ($40) money.
RAVPower FileHub, WiFi Bridge, SD Card USB Reader, 3000mAh External Battery,White

The iPad is not the greatest platform for raw conversions IMHO. Raw files also fill up storage quickly and the software and file handling is not ideal. If you are out and about to where you need to use the iPad for that purpose, then you probably want to back up your photos to something other than the camera anyway. Also, getting the photos off the Flucard while it is in the camera requires battery power. Devices like the Ravpower solve a number of problems at once, including giving your iPad a battery backup. You can certainly download the files from the camera to the iPad through a browser, much the same way you use a browser to get files from the Ravpower, but having the storage and battery backup make it a better solution for my needs.