Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cotton Carrier Endeavor Belt System

Cotton Carrier Endeavor Belt System for DSLR & 525 MK2 B&H

Anyone have one of these? I want to get something like this that will hold the camera bottom against me. I've seen several where the camera is on a swivel that would allow the camera to have the sides, etc., brushing against you, possibly causing wear on the finish.

I'd appreciate any input from someone that has this item!

02-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #2

So it's like a Rapidstrap that tethers the camera to the belt instead of letting it bounce free?
02-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, the pictures show how the camera is carried; I will be using it with the OpTech Sling Strap.

Last edited by csa; 02-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.
02-04-2016, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take a look at Peak Design system... I have it and it's OK: fast, reliable, sure and you can attach it where and how you want

Peak Design Capture Camera Clip V2 CCC-2.0S B&H Photo Video
Peak Design PROpad for All Versions of Capture PP-1 B&H Photo

02-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have checked the Peak Designs, but like the Cotton Carrier, as it's all in one. I don't have to buy access. such as a belt, or the Propad.
02-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I looked at these and most seem to use the tripod mount to secure with, which for me would not work. I use a tripod a lot. What I ended up getting is the Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 20 V2.0
02-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I really don't want something bulky such as the Think Tank Holster; as I want something lightweight that will simply secure the camera on my walks.

02-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I looked at these and most seem to use the tripod mount to secure with, which for me would not work. I use a tripod a lot. What I ended up getting is the Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 20 V2.0

A friend of mine has the cotton carrier vest in which he can attach two cameras to. The attachment is with a Swiss Arca plate on the camera so depending on your quick release it might work or not. On my larger Manfrotto tripods I have the Manfrotto hexagonal QR and just this past week I bought a Arca Swiss clamp and attached it to one of my plates so now if I am shooting with a Arca Swiss mount on my Pentax and using the LF or Hasselblad on the Manfrotto I can attach the Pentax without taking a plate off of my camera base. Just an idea.

This belt system might work for me with having the belt through my Lowe Pro bags and the Pentax on my belt, I need to look into how slip loc bags would fit on it.
02-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use the B-grip Evo for hiking all around and carrying heavy lenses. It's a beast. I've used it regularly for 3 years and it's still works perfectly. It's half the cost of the one you want to get.

B-Grip EVO Camera Belt Grip BGREVO B&H Photo Video
02-04-2016, 09:12 PM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
I use the B-grip Evo for hiking all around and carrying heavy lenses. It's a beast. I've used it regularly for 3 years and it's still works perfectly. It's half the cost of the one you want to get.

B-Grip EVO Camera Belt Grip BGREVO B&H Photo Video
Now this looks very interesting, especially the price! I really like this!

Would you happen to know if the plate is arca-swiss compatible?

Thanks so much for the link!
02-05-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, after looking at the comments (very positive); this is the one I'm going to get. If the plate doesn't fit my arca-swiss, no problem as it only takes a couple of seconds to change it.

Again, thanks for bringing this to my attention! I've not seen this particular one before.