Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The "Q" will be here next week, so I can hopefully get some pictures. Tough when you live alone to get pictures of something you are wearing!

I have an Optech neck strap that I used their extenders on, so the strap is long enough for to be a little slack around the neck, when the camera is attached to the B-Grip. I have a fractured vertebrae, so neck/back pain is very real for me. With this setup, no strain whatsoever on the neck or back.
Here is a video that shows & explains the B-Grip that might be of interest, and much better than any photos I can try to take while wearing it.

B-Grip Camera Holder by CPTech - YouTube
Thanks for the video: now I can see how this gear is set up.
As you said, using a long strap along with it would be quite helpful in avoiding neck/shoulder strain ... good idea for those who have cervical/thoracic problems.

I'll see if I can manage to use the OpTech double harness with one of my cameras (no way I'm going to carry both at once)
and perhaps order this EVO Grip. ...

03-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #17
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I use the belt that came with it, as that way I can put it over winter coats. It's one darn sturdy belt!

Since the base doesn't fit well in an arca swiss plate (which is on my tripod); I'm ordering an "L" bracket & putting the B-Grip base on the side. The bottom of the "L" is for arca swiss. So that way I have the best of both worlds! I had originally planned on just excanging the bases, but this way, no need. The camera will then mount on it's side, which won't be a problem, as it's about the same depth, as mounting it from the bottom.
03-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, Carol, for finding this! I have a shoulder strap for my K-5 II + A400/5.6 combo, and the B-Grip looks exactly what I need for my K-01.
03-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #19
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You're most welcome! I'm very pleased with it, and the price certainly is great also! I cannot believe how comfortable it is on walks now, and it does not bump into your leg, swing, nothing; it's held very rigid! Yet, it's very comfortable.

03-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use the belt that came with it, as that way I can put it over winter coats. It's one darn sturdy belt!

Since the base doesn't fit well in an arca swiss plate (which is on my tripod); I'm ordering an "L" bracket & putting the B-Grip base on the side. The bottom of the "L" is for arca swiss. So that way I have the best of both worlds! I had originally planned on just excanging the bases, but this way, no need. The camera will then mount on it's side, which won't be a problem, as it's about the same depth, as mounting it from the bottom.
Make sure to show some pictures of your final set up !
Would be nice if you could show the L-bracket installed as well as I was wondering about that too because I already have an Arca-Swiss plate on the tripod foot.
For me, this would be really to reduce cervical strain while carrying the DA*300/4 + grip with the Op-Tech around my neck !
Cheers!