Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2016, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

EVO B-Grip Camera Belt Grip

Today I ordered this:

B-Grip EVO Camera Belt Grip BGREVO B&H Photo Video

I also ordered the Travel Kit, that includes a very nice rainproof cover for the camera when on the Belt Grip!

Thanks to another member for bringing this to my attention. I also ordered the OpTech sling strap to go with this. When my order arrives, I'll post pictures and a review of all. This should make my walks much easier with my 55-300 + TC!

Stay tuned!

02-24-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's an interesting looking gadget but with a big flaw. The camera plate should have been machined with either A-S, Manfrotto compatibility so it can be mounted on 99% of the tripod heads on the market. The B-Grip plate has neither capability, which means that in order to mount your camera on a tripod you would need to remove the B-Grip plate and replace it with either A-S or Manfrotto plate (whichever compatible brand of tripod you use) and visa versa. A needless and troublesome chore to perform when you need to use a tripod. I see that there is a tripod clamp available for the B-Grip plate but adding and removing that clamp on to your tripod head is another hassle that could be avoided if B-Grip plate had been machined to conform to the industry standard tripod mounting plate design. I am using the Peak Design Capture PRO Clip system with the older PRO plates which has both A-S and Mafrotto RC-2 compatibility machined on the plate, ensuring compatibility with 99% of the tripod heads.
02-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is from a review:

Italian Design Meets Practical Function: B-grip EVO Camera Belt System (Professional Photographer Magazine Web Exclusives)

" My Arca-Swiss head holds the b-grip camera plate securely, but there is a little play in it."
02-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you think a camera swimming around (up and down, side to side) albeit slightly on top of your tripod is okay for you, that's good enough. You may not notice much when focused on something at infinity but at macro settings, I think that "little play" would drive me up the wall and probably you too.

02-24-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
If I'm happy with it, what is the problem? I use a tripod very little; it will be no problem for me to change the bases, when I do use my tripod if this base isn't satisfactory.
02-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now it's Pentax branded [
02-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
Now it's Pentax branded [
In what way?

02-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
In what way?
sorry some how link became only one symbol
pentax branded
02-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Neat! It does resemble the EVO.
03-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
After using the B-Grip with the K3 and 55-300 + 1.4xTC; I must say it's a delight to use! It locks the camera in very securely, taking the pressure of the neck strap completely off my neck. It doesn't sway, move around in any way, and I almost forget it's there! I'm ordering an "L" bracket to secure the B-Grip foot on the side of the L bracket, and the bottom of the bracket will be arca-swiss compatible; so I don't have to change out the plates when using the tripod. Easy fix, and gives me a fantastic way to carry my camera on my walks!

Yes, I'd recommend the B-Grip!
03-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After using the B-Grip with the K3 and 55-300 + 1.4xTC; I must say it's a delight to use! It locks the camera in very securely, taking the pressure of the neck strap completely off my neck. It doesn't sway, move around in any way, and I almost forget it's there! I'm ordering an "L" bracket to secure the B-Grip foot on the side of the L bracket, and the bottom of the bracket will be arca-swiss compatible; so I don't have to change out the plates when using the tripod. Easy fix, and gives me a fantastic way to carry my camera on my walks!

Yes, I'd recommend the B-Grip!
Good !
Now, let's see some pictures of this setup!
JP
03-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #12
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
JP, I'll post pictures next week when I get my Pentax Q that I just bought. My K10D's battery would need recharging, and I hate to do that for one or two photos, then back to storage.

I'm sold as to how solid it holds the camera with the zoom lens, yet very easy to release from the B-Grip to use the camera.
03-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JP, I'll post pictures next week when I get my Pentax Q that I just bought. My K10D's battery would need recharging, and I hate to do that for one or two photos, then back to storage.

I'm sold as to how solid it holds the camera with the zoom lens, yet very easy to release from the B-Grip to use the camera.
I've always been looking for a decent setup for carrying my K3/K5 with the DA*300/4 + TC.
The best I came up with was the OpTech such as this one: OP/TECH USA Pro Strap and Pro Loop Strap and even bought a still unused "double harness" such as this: OP/TECH USA Dual Harness thinking I was going to carry two cameras at once! Mistake: I've nerver used it and it's still in its original package !
So, the idea of having easy carry/access to the (only one) cam without suffering from neck pain is interesting.
Looking forward to see this setup of yours.

JP
03-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #14
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The "Q" will be here next week, so I can hopefully get some pictures. Tough when you live alone to get pictures of something you are wearing!

I have an Optech neck strap that I used their extenders on, so the strap is long enough for to be a little slack around the neck, when the camera is attached to the B-Grip. I have a fractured vertebrae, so neck/back pain is very real for me. With this setup, no strain whatsoever on the neck or back.
03-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #15
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here is a video that shows & explains the B-Grip that might be of interest, and much better than any photos I can try to take while wearing it.