Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Lightweight Camera Strap with Tripod Mount Attachment Recommendation

Not sure if I titled this correctly, but I'm looking for a lightweight camera strap that I can attach to a smaller camera like the GR. I was hoping for something that could easily be attached/removed. The black rapid straps are exactly what I'm hoping for except they are too bulky and feel like overkill when attached to smaller cameras. I noticed they make a lighter-weight version, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackRapid-Cross-Shot-Sling-Camera/dp/B00LFW69DE/ref=s...ds=black+rapid

Is there another strap any of you would recommend? Or should I order that one? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

03-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought a nice thin strap (about 1/2 inch wide, foam-type with braided nylon at the ends) when I was in NYC and stopped into B&H. Give me a moment and I'll go down and see if the brand is printed on the strap.

OK. It's made by Op/Tech but has no model designation. Go the the B&H website and search Op/Tech and then look through their neck straps (they make a lot, especially counting the many designer colors).
03-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You could also have a look at the Peak Design leash

Amazon.com : Peak Design Leash Camera Strap : Camera & Photo
03-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
+1 for Peak Design's Leash. It's lightweight, smooth, ultra-adjustable.

03-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I use OP/TECH USA 3401002 Compact Sling for my GXR, even with A16 lens.
03-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #6
Huy
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
You could also have a look at the Peak Design leash

Amazon.com : Peak Design Leash Camera Strap : Camera & Photo
It's a nice strap. However, looks like we have another Photoshop fails case in the picture of the guy with the strap. Can you guys spot it?
03-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Huy Quote
It's a nice strap. However, looks like we have another Photoshop fails case in the picture of the guy with the strap. Can you guys spot it?
The round attachment piece on both sides of the camera - in total counting 3 of them?

03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Once you try a BlackRapid strap for a day, it's hard to go back to a regular strap. I use the RS-7 (BlackRapid Curve - using it for 2 years) on a K-5II and shoot primarily with 3 Ltd. Pancakes (21,40,70). You can go for a 10 hr hike and not notice the camera weight. The RS-7 is bulky for a GR but the Cross Shot is minimalist for a performance sling strap. If I was to buy a GR - I would get a Cross Shot without question. It's such a solid, simple, design that will make shooting more enjoyable.
03-07-2016, 11:27 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
The round attachment piece on both sides of the camera - in total counting 3 of them?

Not an error. The strap comes with four anchors and you can attach them as shown with the advantage to be able to quickly switch between using it as neck- and sling strap
03-08-2016, 01:00 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

For cameras in that size range, I am increasingly becoming more fond of wrist straps.

I have one of Mr. Zhou's that I use on a FED 2, but Gordy's come highly recommended:

http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/index.htm

Oh...and he sells sling and neck straps too.

Steve
03-09-2016, 01:23 AM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Huy Quote
He must have had a terrible shaving accident some time before the photo shoot.