Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I hope this question is on-topic. I've been thinking about getting remote triggers, but I'm concerned about the trigger voltage on some of my flash units. The worst case scenario is my '70s vintage Vivitar 283 that has a trigger voltage of over 300 volts. I don't dare put it on my K10D. I usually trigger it with the Vivitar SL-2 slave that is designed for it. The problem is that there has to be a relatively strong flash to trigger it. I've tried it in both the hi and low ambient settings and it doesn't seem to matter, sometimes it just won't fire. (My newer 283 is 8 volts, so no problem on the camera.) I have a few other flash units with TVs of 42 volts, etc. How much voltage can modern remote triggers take? I need something that will fire every time and doesn't require light input.
You may want to copy the info from your post and open a new thread in the Pentax Camera Field Accessories forum sub-category. You are not really off-topic, but you may get more help that way. If you do that, then you can delete your post from this thread to avoid double posting. Not that you have to, but it might as I said get a little bit quicker help. Happy shooting.