Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Domke going belly up?

I read some posts on other forums that Domke was having problems shipping products and real bad build quality and also there customer service was nonexistent. Has anybody found this to be true. Man, I hope not, cause I have had Domke products for years and was going to buy a new bag, but now I do not know.

02-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buy the Domke

Received the Domke Little bit Bigger bag for birthday in October. It is built to the same standards as my approx 20 year old original F2 size bag. My only disapointment was the "greyish/silver" color of the original was discontinued years ago. The new bag is light tan. It is quite a bit bigger than the F2. That is good because I need it for all the lenses (darn LBA). It will even hold a 400 in the back pocket.
Not sure how much customer service you would need from a bag company. Never called Domke in the 20 years of owning the first. Our semi local proshop still carries them. They had the new Photo J bags. Preferred the layout of the F1. If I thought Domke was going out I would buy another couple from someone like B&H. Then set for life. If one is bad it would be easy to return.
I have looked at many other bags and still keep returning to the Domke. Hate bags with all the little move around velcro partitions and 50 small pockets that no decent lens will fit in . Also think the canvas has less noise & static electricity.
thanks
barondla
02-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yea you are right. I just ordered my F-803 today (from B&H). I have a F-6, going on 10 years now and have not had any problems.
02-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool, hope it works out well for you. I also have 3 of the little Domkes with the side pouches. I can fit the Pentax 6x7 and two lenses in them.
thanks
barondla