Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 01:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Since we're off on wire remotes now, is there a gradation in quality between available models, or are they all pretty much the same? (I do have my "Baby Huey" moments whilst afield...)
Some of the wired remotes are just that, a basic wired remote with hold. There are others that are a bit better which do things like time long exposures, act as an intervalometer (with 0 interval) for star trails. That's the one I have, like Stevebrot's one.

I do have the Pentax one too, "Remote Control F" - which isn't corded and does just basic on/off. The advantage is that it's cordless so no vibration issue. On the flipside though it's really really small and easy to misplace.

03-24-2016, 05:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Bower RCLC1R

Thanks for the feedback, gents--as luck would have it, I thought I'd broken my Vello yesterday, but I think it's merely the first function to go once the K5's battery gets low. The Bower probably is fancier than I need, but it might keep me from breaking into my ballpeen hammer collection.