Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

ADJUSTABLE, VIEWFINDER DIOPTER High Correction

I have astigmatism in my one good eye. After consulting with my eye doctor he recommended using a diopter capable of +1.5to+2.0. Does anyone know of such a viewfinder and where to get one. I have researched for several days and have found plenty of minus value diopters but very limited + value adapters. Most top out at +1.5 as the one on the K3.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all that helped!

Last edited by George Peczeli; 03-28-2016 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Found what I neede4d.
03-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll want one of these:
PENTAX Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

There are +1's and +2's on ebay:

Pentax Diopter SMC Correction Lens Adapter M 1 New | eBay
Pentax Diopter Correction Lens Adapter M 2 | eBay

Since these can be combined with the viewfinder itself, you'll be able to vary the correction as needed

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #3
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

You need the Correction Lens Adapter M, which fits over the eyepiece frame of a Pentax dSLR. They were made in diopters of -5 to +3 in increments of 1. They're really only available second-hand now, but some of the Japanese camera stores found on eBay have New Old Stock.

You MUST use the 'M' version. Some rectangular Nikon adapters fit (very tightly).
03-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are also old canon ones that come with a metal back, a bit of diy'ing and they fit.

Also these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-08x-1-3x-1-52x-Adjustable-Magnifying-Eyepiece-Fo...sAAOSwZd1VeVVl

the variable mag is also effectively wide diopter correction.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/108-160x-viewfinder-magnifier-china.html

Last edited by marcusBMG; 03-28-2016 at 10:51 AM.
03-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #5

Since the Olympus OM angle viewfinder fits I would guess the diopter eyepieces for OM would fit too. Probably more rare to find than the Pentax eyepieces though.

Olympus Finder Accessories for OM SLRs
03-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You need the Correction Lens Adapter M, which fits over the eyepiece frame of a Pentax dSLR. They were made in diopters of -5 to +3 in increments of 1. They're really only available second-hand now, but some of the Japanese camera stores found on eBay have New Old Stock.

You MUST use the 'M' version. Some rectangular Nikon adapters fit (very tightly).
Thanks for the help. I found aq +2 on Ebay. the only place I hadn't checked.
03-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Lens Hoarder
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by George Peczeli Quote
Thanks for the help. I found aq +2 on Ebay. the only place I hadn't checked.
They really work!