Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sekonic L-478DR LiteMaster Pro

Any thoughts?
Will the built in flash trigger work with flash receivers other then pocket wizard?

Thanks

Randy

04-19-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a 358, I haven't used it much because I can't see it well (visually impaired). I've been considering getting the 478 for the apparently more legible screen. The 358 is legible for most users however. I have special needs... My 358 will be popping on the marketplace soon.

Mine has the wireless flash trigger as well. I haven't tried it. I use the Yongnuo TX.

The 478 has these triggering options... Note I haven't read the difference between the DR and D versions.

- Flash Cordless
- Flash Cordless Multiple Flash
- Cord PC
- Cord PC Multiple FLash
- Radio Triggering
- RT Multiple Flash

On this page:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/news/new-sekonic-litemaster-pro-l-478d-a...r-light-meters

The comments are made:
Does anyone know if the PIXAPROŽ LUMI 200 200Ws Studio Flash with trigger is compatible with 478d/Dr light meter

reply quote
10 months agoYossi O
No, it is not. The PIXAPROŽ LUMI 200 Studio Flash/trigger system uses its own proprietary radio trigger system which is not compatible with the Sekonic meters or other Pocket Wizard products.

It seems only Pocket Wizard to me..

My solution for wireless is to use a wired/wireless shutter release, which triggers the TX and X # of flashes. If you set the meter to flash cordless it'll wait 90s for a flash to fire.

Last edited by wissink; 04-19-2016 at 05:45 PM.
04-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #3

Randy,
It depends on where you buy the sekonic meter. Please look at their specs to see how raido frequencies differ for US versus EU markets. About Radio Triggering So be careful of buying grey market or radio modules direct from Asia as they may be set for CE channels. You'll need to know the frequency and channels used by your intended receivers. US pocket wizard uses 344MHz channel 1-16. If you get a US tagged sekonic meter/transmitter it will trigger anything using those channels.

Many of the ebay triggers I have seen use CE 433MHz. So if you get a Sekonic trigger tagged "CE" it *should* work. Bottom line is when playing mixy-match you need to do alot of research to be sure of what you are getting.