Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Camera strap

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Miggo camera strap? Here is a link to the website. Also thought it interesting that a K-r was used in one of the photos.
I saw this on the show "I Want That" and thought it would be good for day trips when I only want to take my camera and attached lens.

https://mymiggo.com/product/strap-wrap-dslr/

Delia

04-23-2016, 08:00 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I purchased one last summer for use during a motorcycle tour of Colorado. I was looking for a compact system that would protect my camera and lens combo (k-x + tamron 18-250mm) inside of my tank bag. It definitely served it's purpose with the added bonus of acting as a strap. However, I still added padding around the camera especially along the sides as the miggo provided no real protection there. Also, I found it was a bit loose and would have preferred a tighter fit.

Having said that I still use the miggo strap whenever I carry my camera on my bike.
04-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I will order one and see how it works for me. I have a tendency to just carry me K200D with a wrist strap attached and just toss it in a shoulder bag or backpack wrapped in a towel. This will give a little more protection and I will be able to use it s a strap.
04-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #4

This looks like an excellent idea for those day trips you don't want to carry "everything". I might consider buying one myself.

Thanks for the link!

04-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is not a bad idea... I hate camera bags, so I use a leather backpack and carry all my lenses in neoprene pouches. The camera body itself usually sits on top with whatever lens i'm using attached to it. Being able to wrap the camera up without going to much effort would in all likelihood make me more likely to actually do so.
04-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

Original Poster
Just a followup on the straps. Since I couldn't decide between the "Strap &Wrap" or the "Grip and Wrap" I bought both. I have a K200D and I tried several lenses that I have.

Grip &Wrap
K200D + Tamron 18-200 Nice snug fit
+ Pentax 55-300 Snug fit, slightly tighter than the 18-200
+ Pentax 50-135 does not fit
This has a little more protection for the sides of the camera
Can be used with wrist straps that you already own
Can be used with a neck strap attached to lugs

Strap & Wrap Med DSLR 30.7" length
K200D + Tamron 18-200 Loose fit when wrapped
+ Pentax 55-300 Nice fit when wrapped
+ Pentax 50-135 Does not fit
Not much protection for sides of camera
The way it attaches to the tripod mount isn't the most stable but for quick trips it will work. I wouldn't make this my primary strap though.
Can be used as a cross-body strap I am 5'6" and it falls right at my hip when used this way.
It is a very long neck strap

I will probably use the "Grip & Wrap" the most because I use a wrist strap with my camera anyway.

I was able to order both from Amazon.

Delia
04-27-2016, 05:11 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the follow-up review. Now you have me considering the Grip & Wrap.....