Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adorama R2 transmitter for Pentax

Does anyone know if the upcoming R2 transmitter will allow HSS with the Pentax line of cameras?
Flashpoint R2 TTL Transmitter for Pentax FP-RR-R2-T-PN

04-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pursang Quote
Does anyone know if the upcoming R2 transmitter will allow HSS with the Pentax line of cameras?
I have no idea if it works for any system. What an absolute mess of a product description.
04-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Since it is a new product, it is unlikely anyone here has any experience. You could call Adorama and ask them or perhaps @Helen Oster; (Adorama Rep) will pop in on this thread.

Steve
04-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Since it is a new product, it is unlikely anyone here has any experience. You could call Adorama and ask them or perhaps @Helen Oster; (Adorama Rep) will pop in on this thread.

Steve
You need a semicolon at the end for usernames with spaces FYI.

@Helen Oster; should get this

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You need a semicolon at the end for usernames with spaces FYI.

@Helen Oster; should get this
Cool! I was wondering how that was done. Thanks for the hint.

Steve
04-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Seems an interesting product. I guess Flashpoint is an Adorama house brand?

If yes, it would be good if Adorama could make manuals for this transmitter and receiver available for download from the product page, so we could figure out how these triggers may work.
04-26-2016, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This looks to me like Godox X1 TTL transmitter but as long I am aware this was released only for Sony, Canon and Nikon... Best bet is to call Adorama as it might be a typo as those transmitters supporting fully TTL functions for other systems.

04-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
This looks to me like Godox X1 TTL transmitter but as long I am aware this was released only for Sony, Canon and Nikon.
You seem 100% right.

But if Adorama have persuaded Godox to develop a P-TTL version, that would be excellent news. This Godox system looks very good.
04-27-2016, 12:49 AM   #9
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by pursang Quote

Unfortunately I don't have the answer myself and the Flashpoint team are out until next Monday. I've left a message for them to contact me upon return, but it would be helpful if you could email the question to me directly: Helen@adorama.com, so I can't overlok coming back to you early next week.
thank you.

Last edited by Helen Oster; 05-02-2016 at 09:20 AM.
04-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #10

As per the web page, this item is still under development, therefore no information is available other than that which is posted on the product page.
04-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
As per the web page, this item is still under development, therefore no information is available other than that which is posted on the product page.
Since the Nikon model supports iTTL, and the Canon model supports ETTL, it would be logical for the upcoming Pentax model to support P-TTL.

Pls keep us posted once the product is ready to ship!
05-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #12

You may add it to your wish list or sign up to get a price notification when Item will be announced.
05-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
You may add it to your wish list or sign up to get a price notification when Item will be announced.
Done. Thanks for the tip.