Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fotasy CPL

I decided to try one of these CPL filters, figuring I wouldn't lose much if it was horrible. I have a couple of B+W CPL filters, for reference. Well, so far I'm quite impressed. I'll see how it performs optically this weekend, but tests just pointing the camera out the door and picking random targets today were encouraging. The finish is first rate, it's very thin, and the specs cover most everything I know to look for in a CPL- unless they made them up, haha. My only nit so far is the slightly gritty feel of the rotation- nothing I can't live with if everything else works out. Apparent high quality, made in Japan, and very cheap. Hmmm.

05-13-2016, 08:12 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
I decided to try one of these CPL filters, figuring I wouldn't lose much if it was horrible. I have a couple of B+W CPL filters, for reference. Well, so far I'm quite impressed. I'll see how it performs optically this weekend, but tests just pointing the camera out the door and picking random targets today were encouraging. The finish is first rate, it's very thin, and the specs cover most everything I know to look for in a CPL- unless they made them up, haha. My only nit so far is the slightly gritty feel of the rotation- nothing I can't live with if everything else works out. Apparent high quality, made in Japan, and very cheap. Hmmm.

It's interesting that they are all around the same price, from 49mm to 72mm. Usually as the glass gets bigger the price goes way up. I'm going to have to try one of these, as I'm not too happy with my Tiffen CPL (which I paid almost triple for).