Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 08:39 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Remote Control F and weather resistance

I'm pretty sure the Pentax Remote Control F isn't advertised as weather resistant or waterproof accessory. But I'm happy to report that in the last six months, my wireless remote has accidentally gone through two separate wash cycles in my laundry machine (warm wash, cold rinse), and is still preforming flawlessly. Nothing like emptying the the washer and seeing my remote on the bottom of the laundry drum. Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing this but it's good to know what kind of what kind of abuse it can stand up to.

Would be nice if Ricoh added a loop for a lanyard as an improvement to future models.

DAVE

05-17-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have used mine, if less abusively , for quite a few years now and no intention to replace it with the weather-sealed version, which despite its stiff price is a disposable design resisting any battery change, too.

If my RC F gave up the ghost in my lifetime, I'd probably go for a cheap Chinese alternative like JJC IR-P1:

Amazon.com : JJC IR-P1 Wireless Remote Control For Pentax 645D 5-50 645Z K5II K-5IIs K-01 K-30 K200 Kx Kr K7 K5 *ist DS2 *ist DL2 *ist DL *ist DS Rplaces E/F/WP Samsung GX-1L GX-1S GX-10 GX-20 : Camera & Photo

That one does allow for battery change.
05-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My remote control floats! And keeps on working... When I dropped it I was sure it would kill the remote. But it seems immortal after about 6 years of use.