Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax SMC 1.7x Teleconverter AF Adapter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just went up on Ebay and I thought I'd let everyone know.

Pentax SMC 1.7x Teleconverter AF Adapter - eBay (item 260262730945 end time Jul-21-08 07:42:40 PDT)

07-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
someone is really brave for putting this up without some minimum price, they go from $200-$400 these days.

I'm really glad I bought mine in 1992 for my PZ-1
07-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think so Lowell. I've sold enough on Ebay that if the item is desireable enough and properly titled you can start at 0.99 and just sit back and watch the show. With this thread advertising it along (we have tons of lurkers here), this one will cross the $400 mark I'm willing to bet.
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I don't think so Lowell. I've sold enough on Ebay that if the item is desireable enough and properly titled you can start at 0.99 and just sit back and watch the show. With this thread advertising it along (we have tons of lurkers here), this one will cross the $400 mark I'm willing to bet.
How much?

07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I'm serious. This will sell around $400 I was looking and watching auctions for almost a year for one and just couldn't force myself to pay the Ebay prices. One I was watching sold for $710.00 (no kidding). I got mine used for $325 here on the forums. There are no deals on this unit and it is a worthwhile TC to own.
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
Not Registered

You are right, I was just kidding, I sold mine for that amount (about 400) starting at 0.99 if my memory doesnt fail. Short after I saw one going for 300 and another hidden in a package for about 225 with film camera and a couple of lenses. I thought that the things came back to normal and I stopped looking at them. I wish I could have sold mine for 700 . Thought I cant complaint, I put a lens here in the marketplace for 40 usd and didnt sell and now is going for 80 with 2 days remaining...you never know what to expect from the bay
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

as I said all along, I'm glad I have had mine for 16 years.

I like it and use it, and would hate to be in the position of I want it but have to get it in an auction

07-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hardly can believe these prices, it is absolutely crazy.

Seems that I had a great deal three years ago on this teleconverter. I was in Zurich and had a look at some camera shops in town when I saw this teleconverter. I asked the seller how much he wants for the converter.

Well, he started saying one needs good lenses to be able to use it. He has sold it 4 times before me, and all customers brough it back. They wanted to use it on the kit lens and were not satisfied with the results they were getting.

I though the teleconverter is faulty or the seller does not know what gem he has in his hands.

The seller finally told me, I can have the converter for USD 30 and if I am not convinced by the quality I am getting, I can bring it back, and he will try to sell it once more...

With the possibility to bring it back if I am not convinced, I had nothing to loose. I bought the converter and tried it out on the Voigtlander 125/2.5, and the result was simply stunning.
07-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #9
Syb
Veteran Member

Well Dominique, this seller will regret the trade as well. As for the recently ended ebay auction: let's not forget that the US Dollar is internationally speaking quite weak...
07-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #10
Veteran Member

At least at that time, the seller was not aware of the real value of it. I think the teleconverter stayed for some time in the shop, and when each buyer brings it back after a few days, he just wanted to get rid of it.
07-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I was surprised at the closing price. Low compared to sales earlier in the year. I wonder if the current economic issues are starting to take a toll on resell prices?

Of course it could simply be that this one was overlooked as it was a Monday close and not a Sat or Sunday close.