Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-1 with DA*300mm fits my medium size sling bag, nice surprise!

Long story short: yesterday I really killed my shoulder carrying K-1 with DA300mm in cross shoulder bag. Just in 10 minutes I've been at the store with the camera inside the bag my shoulder and back started seriously hurting. I can't leave my gear in the car, it's too hot in Florida. So I needed the solution other than cross shoulder bag.

So today I decided to check if that setup will fit my medium size Think Tank turnstyle 10 sling. Yep, it does. There is even room left for TC, I'd like to check for sure, but need to buy it first I assume that Tamron 70-200mm will fit as well.

Just sharin'

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
05-20-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a very good set up!
By the looks of it, it seems that you might be able to squeeze the 70-200mm too. (well, not the two lenses though).
05-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I don't need two lenses for the situation when I'm going around with one lens. For birding it's usually 300mm, and for walk around or shooting some event I'd like to buy bulky Tamron 70-200mm. The only drawback of this sling is the lack of water storage on the side. With that I would not need an extra bag because I can also put my wallet (or even easier just an ID and cards) and cellphone in sling. I probably will buy stretch mesh fabric and attach the water pocket myself. In that case I can walk with one sling and tripod comfortably anywhere.
I don't want to buy any other sling with water pocket because this one I picked personally at BH after checking many of them. It's like choosing glasses, difficult without trying it first. I don't like backpacks at all, so sling is just an ideal solution for me.