Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Forum Member

Which post processing software?

I just got a new computer and now want to get some kind of photo editor. I was looking at photoshop CS2 but that seems a little too expensive. Is there another just as good if not better photo editor, or a place where I can get CS2 for a decent price? Thanks for any replies.

07-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Best Buy has Paint Shop Pro X2 on sale at their website for $50. I use PSP X and love it.

BestBuy.com - Search Results

Tim
07-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You can check Photoshop Elements 6. It will do just about everything a photographer needs.
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

They can't compete with Photoshop but they are nice free applications that are great for day to day tasks (conversions, cropping, etc):

IrfanView
Photo.NET

07-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Hi montezuma

I personally concur with atupdate about Paint Shop Pro X2 and doubt you will find anything on the market which approaches this software for sheer ease of usability and pure value for money. If finances are tight, don't forget that there are also loads of excellent and totally free photo-editing programs out there on the internet, including a few that I've enclosed direct links to below:

Photo-Freeware.net - Image Editing Freeware Download Source

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ...

Picasa - free photo editing and photo management software

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

UFRaw - Download & Install

Hope this info helps,

With best regards
Richard
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I use adobe lightroom and photoshop elements 6 (but only on occasion). Lightroom makes very quick work of LOTS of photos, and is geared toward workflow and organization.

Also if you are a teacher, or know a teacher, Adobe will give significant discounts to educators. My wife is a counselor at a local college and she ordered Lightroom for me for $100, instead of the usual $300. Something worth looking into.
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help I'll think about getting paint shop pro and maybe a few of the online programs. Sorry for not replying sooner it usually takes a while for people to reply to my posts so I don't check that rarley and I didn't know that I had to go back and reopen the post to see all the replies.

07-16-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
Forum Member

There is another your thread with this topic. I wrote you I would recommend
Zoner Photo Studio 10

here - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-accessories/32294-photoeditor.html
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I would highly recommend CS3. I use it and could never imagine using anything different.

I know it is highly expensive but you need to think of it as an investment. At least thats how I thought of it.
07-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #10

I use and like LightZone Basic. It's "only" a photo editor, not a full-blown graphics editor. That's one of the reasons I like it - it's not bloated with gobs of functionality I don't need. I also find it's ZoneMapper feature far more user friendly and intuitive than curves. They have a free demo if anyone wants to try it. I haven't found a need, yet, but I may eventually upgrade to the full version.