Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2016, 05:30 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
I can get home before she even wakes up and prepare breakfast. She wouldn't even know if I left or had stayed in bed...
How about this time you wake her up with coffee in bed. You can substitute the lack of focal range with romance.
Trust me on that.

06-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
News to me.

Sandy I had used mine on my 15 also - I never saw damage - but Pentax has a special note about compatibility I have stopped just in case. I will try to find the note.
06-07-2016, 05:35 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
How about this time you wake her up with coffee in bed. You can substitute the lack of focal range with romance.
Trust me on that.
And from a bloke's point of view I can only echo that.
25 years of coffee in bed (or more recently, tea) has been a basis of our marriage.
06-07-2016, 05:37 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Sandy I had used mine on my 15 also - I never saw damage - but Pentax has a special note about compatibility I have stopped just in case. I will try to find the note.
I've seen this as well...
I think it's at minimum focus distance, if the TC goes through a full range it can touch the rear element of the 15 apparently..

06-07-2016, 05:38 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

News to me.

Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter Review - Specifications | PentaxForums.com Reviews

QuoteQuote:
The following lenses are not supported according to Pentax; using these lenses with the converter will damage the lens or converter:

SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
HD Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited
HD Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited
SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 XS
All other current lenses (as of March 2014) can be used with these caveats:

SMC Pentax-DA* 55mm F1.4: The largest usable aperture with converter is F2.4 (the same holds for the F and FA 50mm F1.4 lenses as per our tests)
SMC Pentax-DA 17-70mm F4: Contrast detect AF is unreliable, use phase detect
HD Pentax-DA 560mm F5.6: phase detect autofocus may be unreliable, use contrast detect
SMC and HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8: phase detect autofocus may be unreliable when zoomed in, use contrast detect.
06-07-2016, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Trust me on that.
Oh yes, don't worry about that!
She's a coffee fanatic - I often bring her coffee and breakfast in bed.
I've been roasting my own Costa Rican Tarrazu in cast iron which she's been enjoying as well!

---------- Post added 06-07-16 at 08:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Enjoy the trip and cherish her, she is a keeper!
Certainly a keeper!
That's why I was quick to put a ring on it!!

But really, she's incredibly understanding of my passion for photography. She's an artist herself; I wouldn't be surprised if she's on the porch painting a landscape while I'm setting up a tripod to frame the same subject.

Our cabin is secluded in the mountains of St. John with a view that words cannot do justice. I guess I'll just have to post some pictures when we return!

Thanks!!
06-07-2016, 05:45 AM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well the only reason to do any of that was for a Single In challenge. Nobody in their right mind would pair a DA15 with a 1.4xTC if they already owned a DA21.

Seriously, why would anyone put a teleconverter on a wide angle lens for any other reason? It's just stupid.

06-07-2016, 05:47 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And from a bloke's point of view I can only echo that.
25 years of coffee in bed (or more recently, tea) has been a basis of our marriage.

I'm the cook of the household; and I love it!
There's no better feeling than getting up early, shooting at first light, getting home to brew a fresh pot of home-roasted coffee, fry up some bacon and eggs and get back into bed with your better half for breakfast.

I guess doing it all on a tropical island, in seclusion with tree frogs surrounding your windows, would make it better
06-07-2016, 05:47 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well the only reason to do any of that was for a Single In challenge. Nobody in their right mind would pair a DA15 with a 1.4xTC if they already owned a DA21.

Seriously, why would anyone put a teleconverter on a wide angle lens for any other reason? It's just stupid.
Lol. My reason was the same. I never found any damage as I said but I freaked out when I realized that what I had done was risky.
06-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster

why WOULDN'T anyone do that?!

I'm just kidding...
I want a DA21, and another DA35ltd, and the 40, and the... ok, I'm done.

That's a really cool idea for the Single In challenge!

I wan't to do it with the DA70 when we return but set a limit on my shutter speed, 1/15 or slower shutter... I'm curious what kind of shots it would force me to take?