Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
What you do with strap when storing camera? Storing with strap is clumsy and also have a danger of strap attracting moisture. But removing and attaching normal strap is even more clumsy.

Just wondering.
I use this neck strap which allows a quick change to a handstrap or no strap at all.
PRO TEC Less-Stress Ballistic Neoprene Camera Neck Strap P700

06-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #32

The strap that I use is the same that I've used for the past 5 years, the Crumpler Singapore Sling. It allows you to unbuckle the main strap and clip the connectors together to form a small carry handle. Too bad they don't seem to make it anymore, but it's super comfortable used as a sling and the padded portion is comfortable if I ever need to shorten it to carry around the neck.
Attached Images

06-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Using camera straps since the mid 60's; I've yet to drop any camera. I fold the strap up when in my bag(s), and when removing the camera, I hold the camera with one hand, while pulling the strap out of the compartment with the other hand. I've heard of more dropped cameras that never had a strap on them; than those with a strap.
Everybody with his ''style''. Still, I forget to tell that I always use a hand strap, but no more neck strap. And I also forget to tell, that in those times when I was using a neck strap, having the camera balancing on my chest or belly, was a very unpleasant sensation.

The only inconvenience is that if I want to let down the camera, I had to put in in my bag. And so, in one evening, I have lost the rear occasion to take a shot of a wonderful and big meteor. Frankly, if it was hanging by my neck in a strap, I'm not sure that I could take the shot in those two seconds of celestial display, but was still a chance. As usual, two sides of a coin.
06-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I leave home with the camera, I attach a Peak Design Slide strap to the anchors, which remain on the body.

06-12-2016, 02:01 AM   #35
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
When I leave home with the camera, I attach a Peak Design Slide strap to the anchors, which remain on the body.

same here - Peak Designs' Slide is attached if I am out and about, but I take it off for around the house work...
06-17-2016, 05:32 AM   #36
Veteran Member

My cameras have never been stored. They are in my back pack or on the table in my air conditioned house with or without straps depending if I am using a tripod or other. I wipe them down after each use with a good quality cloth and have never had a problem with any camera including my film slr's from 1980 until now. I have used my K-30 and K-3 in wet weather, never out in the rain uncovered. WR or not I remain very cognoscente with weather conditions.
06-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Always do, store camera with the strap. The cameras are always stored in padded bags and the straps away from the monitor, to avoid scratching or it would it be, more like chafing. Not sure.
I note you live in Bangalore, where I assume the weather is very hot and humid. I live in Western Canada on the prairies, where generally it is quite dry. Excess moisture isn't really a problem here.

If straps are attracting moisture in your situation, I would advise having a strap that you can clip on and off quite easily. I use an Optex brand on my Canon, which has two snap clips. I can remove and /or replace straps quite quickly.

I use the 1 inch strap for my compact Canon G 12, but I see Optex also markets a larger one for DSLR's. Don't know if this would serve your purpose.

Product from Gentec International