Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2008, 05:30 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Hi Peter, thanks for your swift response, I must admit I have never felt the need for a clamp support for the reasons you mention and have owned this lens for many years now, without any dramas.

But your thread just got me thinking, but hey, you know where thinking gets you..............................................................the slippery slope to feeding LBA & CBA.

But thanks again for the confirmation.

10-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Peter, thanks for clearing up the macro hood question. On the DFA100 the supplied hood does nothing if lens is set ti 1:1. Would like a short hood for that situation. May check the Nikon out.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #11 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #12. Any brand camera! Enter now!
04-21-2009, 04:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Custom made collars?

Interesting thread Peter. You might also consider having a tripod collar custom made for your lens. There are machine shops everywhere and they may be willing to take on the challenge. I had a collar custom made for my K 300/4 a number of years ago. As I recall it cost $50 ~ $75 Cdn at the time. It made a world of difference in the performance of this lens.

It is an option worth considering if a Canon or Nikon mount won't work. It may even be cheaper.

Tom G

Last edited by 8540tomg; 04-22-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: typo
06-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old thread but a good one. Wish I had seen it sooner!

Here is link to most of the Nikon lens with hoods, filter ring sizes etc.

Nikon Lenses

Peter, how to the HS type Nikon hoods work? I'm familiar with the HN type that screw on and will usually take the OEM Pentax lens cap while mounted on the lens. I haven't seen an HS in hand and can't quite figure them out from pix.