Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #16
Veteran Member

outcast86

This reduced price Clik Elite ProBody Sport is near your range. I don't think you would regret getting this pack or spending the little extra for it. This is a very comfortable backpack to wear on a daily basis. It is discrete and unobtrusive for a camera bag. These packs are no longer being made unless Clik Elite has a version 2 in the pipeline.

06-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Lowe Pro Flipside series is nice and relatively secure with the opening against your back when you wear it. A 200 or 300 would probably do the trick for you.
Mine has been pretty good but the tripod holder isn't great (although functional).
06-28-2016, 11:04 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
outcast86

This reduced price Clik Elite ProBody Sport is near your range. I don't think you would regret getting this pack or spending the little extra for it. This is a very comfortable backpack to wear on a daily basis. It is discrete and unobtrusive for a camera bag. These packs are no longer being made unless Clik Elite has a version 2 in the pipeline.

I have to say, this would be a good choice. A very nice and comfy bag.
But if you need a bit more spce, this one is also very good. Even comfier than the probody sport Clik Elite Venture 35 Backpack CE710BK B&H Photo Video. And carrying a tripod with this one is lot better (can do it 4 ways)
06-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thank you all for the replies. I decided to go with the lowepro flipside 400 aw. I was browsing the net I found one on eBay for $109 or best offer, the seller accepted my offer of $60 with free shiping ... Hopefully it will be here by the 5th or 6th of July. I decided in the 400 over the 300 due to the rain cover and the extra room, which my wife will quickly fill with non essential gear, but at least I will spare her the weight of a bag as we walk through Vienna and Bulgaria.
Once again, thank you all for the prompt and helpful suggestions.

06-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by outcast86 Quote
Thank you all for the replies. I decided to go with the lowepro flipside 400 aw. I was browsing the net I found one on eBay for $109 or best offer, the seller accepted my offer of $60 with free shiping ... Hopefully it will be here by the 5th or 6th of July. I decided in the 400 over the 300 due to the rain cover and the extra room, which my wife will quickly fill with non essential gear, but at least I will spare her the weight of a bag as we walk through Vienna and Bulgaria.
Once again, thank you all for the prompt and helpful suggestions.
Good choice for the price I reckon....congrats. Mine fits K-1 with DFA 150-450 as well as a 70-200/2.8 and five other primes etc in it..... quite comfy on the back as well.
06-29-2016, 07:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
I have to say, this would be a good choice. A very nice and comfy bag.
But if you need a bit more spce, this one is also very good. Even comfier than the probody sport Clik Elite Venture 35 Backpack CE710BK B&H Photo Video. And carrying a tripod with this one is lot better (can do it 4 ways)
I was going to link that pack as well. That is a great price. The Clik Elite packs are by far the most comfortable camera backpacks to wear.
07-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Lowepro Fastpack 350 ... One body (with grip if desired), 4 lenses, external flash and a number of small accessories in the bottom (photo) end of the bag. You could easily do two bodies if only one has a mounted lens. PC in a pocket along the back and a separate pocket for PC accessories (charger & mouse) and/or snacks. Shoulder straps, waist strap, and chest strap.

I personally hate using a back pack for my photo gear. I MUCH prefer my old Tenba shoulder & fanny pack case for rapid access to gear without removing a pack, plus a sling pack for walkaround goodies. But the Tenba was made before digital and has no place to store a PC. And you are only allowed one personal carry-on on planes and it has to carry all your electronics and double as a day pack when reaching your destination. Thus, the Fastpack 350. I'll be flying with it again in about 3 weeks.

07-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also use a Tenba bag when I don't use my backpack. Different bags for different shoots. Weddings I always take the Case Logic but for weekend walk around I'll take the Tenba: Tenba Photo/Laptop Messenger Bag (Mini, Olive Green) 638-362 B&H . Actually when you look at it there are tons of good bags out there. How big is your wallet is the question . I have 3 camera bags and they all serve a purpose.
07-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by bass3587 Quote
I also use a Tenba bag when I don't use my backpack. Different bags for different shoots. Weddings I always take the Case Logic but for weekend walk around I'll take the Tenba: Tenba Photo/Laptop Messenger Bag (Mini, Olive Green) 638-362 B&H . Actually when you look at it there are tons of good bags out there. How big is your wallet is the question . I have 3 camera bags and they all serve a purpose.
This is the current version of my early 80's version:https://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Deluxe-Convertible-Camera-Black/dp/B00009UTTG
My only problem is there is no room for even a small laptop, so I can't fly with it. Using both shoulder and waist belt, I've comfortably carried 25 pounds (roughly 11 kilos) of photo gear that was always at my fingertips, including day hikes up into the Rocky Mountains. I can then add a packable sling pack for jackets, snacks, water.