Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Domke F2 Strap Breaks after 2nd day of use!!

So second day of fashion week and the strap on my domke f2 breaks!! (not the cloth part but the plastic part that connects it to the strap on the bag.

ARGH... Luckily I had my media riser duck tape and fashioned a temporary situation. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their F2's... I was going to write a long email to Tiffen about how annoying this is but they only have phone numbers to call....

Luckily it seems the duck tape is holding up for now and I have my computrekker incase there is nothing else I can do. Its just less fast access friendly..

07-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm surprised a genuine Domke bag would have plastic hardware.
I have two Domke bags. All hardware on both is made of metal.

Chris
07-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Could you take a picture of your F2's for me? The part where the strap connects to the bag. I had a suspicion about the bag. I got it from a guy on a forum (not this one) and I dunno. Just thought it seemed a little smaller than I've seen...

Any info would be great!
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i have the black one and the strap connector looks just like this one

http://blog.kak.net/bilder/domke_f2-04s.jpg

Last edited by Okami; 07-18-2008 at 03:09 PM.
07-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
The buckles/clasps for the mini strap and to keep the bag closed are made of metal but the strap buckles are definitely made of hard plastic.

Could be just a freak product failure. Perhaps could seek for a warranty repair.
07-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
Same comment I would have made. My Domke's are bulletproof - and one of them is about 20 years old and still going strong.

The following text copied from the Domke website:

"When it comes to keeping it all together, we use only the strongest buckles, adjusters, rings, clips and zippers. Most of our bags feature “bomb-proof” steel snaphooks (a Domke hallmark), with welded steel rings — the most pilfer-proof closure short of a padlock — and other elements of composite hardware made of tough DuPont Delrin."
07-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well the clasp are metal like you guys sad its just the spot in that pic that broke.

Duck tape is amazing btw :P floor tape + replacement buckle... what can it not do? I sent a message to the guy i bought it from and going to call tiffen when i get home. Anyone know any stores that carry them in berlin?

07-19-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Okami Quote
i have the black one and the strap connector looks just like this one

http://blog.kak.net/bilder/domke_f2-04s.jpg
Not Found

For some reason I get that when I click on your link.

I would say that it breaking is rather freakish, my Domke bag is tough and I certainly don't baby it. I am sure they will replace it without any complaint