Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sbc Quote
It fits the battery grip but not the camera body.
This is DMW-BLF19 for Lumix camera. There isn't a Pentax version. Both share the same dimensions but with different cutouts and slots.
Excellent idea! This makes it possible for all Users with BG to use the Panasonic DMW-BLF19.

Since the D-Li90 got cheaper than the DMW-BLF19, there are two different options.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/On-Camera-Batteries/ci/1100/N/428858...price%3A49..61

09-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got several sets of Watson brand and no issues to date. Hate to say it and it might not apply at all in your case, but usually off-name batteries like "ZITAY from China" are the ones with questionable performance. As said previously, check the reviews and you can get third party batteries which have good reputations. Let us know how you come out.
09-01-2021, 02:57 PM   #18

Seems of limited use if it won't fit into the camera body. Indeed a red flag if the battery is prone to swelling as some third party batteries are.
09-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #19
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Excellent idea! This makes it possible for all Users with BG to use the Panasonic DMW-BLF19.

Since the D-Li90 got cheaper than the DMW-BLF19, there are two different options.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/On-Camera-Batteries/ci/1100/N/428858...price%3A49..61
B&H will not ship overseas or else I would have bought them long time ago.

---------- Post added 09-02-21 at 11:00 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Got several sets of Watson brand and no issues to date. Hate to say it and it might not apply at all in your case, but usually off-name batteries like "ZITAY from China" are the ones with questionable performance. As said previously, check the reviews and you can get third party batteries which have good reputations. Let us know how you come out.
Over the years I have thrown out a dozen 3rd party batteries from every brand I could get. The capacity of all of them are around 1400mAh new. More importantly all of them have high internal resistance which cause a big voltage drop which in turn may be the source of weird camera problems people complain about.

I use a West Mountain Radio CBA IV to test all my batteries so that I know the exact capacities and voltages under load.
West Mountain Radio - CBA IV - Computerized Battery Analyzer

---------- Post added 09-02-21 at 11:01 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Seems of limited use if it won't fit into the camera body. Indeed a red flag if the battery is prone to swelling as some third party batteries are.
Read post #10 for clarification.

Last edited by sbc; 09-01-2021 at 08:13 PM.
09-02-2021, 07:36 AM - 3 Likes   #20
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Zitay BLF19 battery test

I cycled the battery once and tested it. Internal resistance is a little higher than expected but at least the capacity matches the original.
It did not achieve 2040mAh but then it depends on the test perimeters and margin of error. Now I can only hope it lasts for many years just like the genuine ones.
I have tested many others but deleted the results. Most cheap batteries cannot even reach 1400mAh and IR are very high. Only Pisen was true to its rating of 1400mAh. But I can no longer find that battery.

Red: Zitay 1949mAh
Orange: Pentax 1846mAh
Green: 8 year old Pentax
Blue: cheap 3rd party
Attached Images

10-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Pentax batteries I have are of two types, 4 contact and 3 contact. The 4 contact version need a corner filed off to fit the G9. Both work great in the Lumix G9 but I have not tried charging in the Lumix G9, and they wont fit the charging unit. Though I am thinking of removing the battery holders in the charger and just use a rubber band to hold in place =)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
10-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
I have used aftermarket batteries purchased from Amazon for all my cameras…more than I can count. Simply look at the reviews and return policy before buying. Never had a single one I had to return. I simply keep a couple of originals and then purchase a few after market ones
Personally, I have never bought a ‘Brand’ battery. I always keep the one that came with the body, and keep a maintenance charge on it. I will use this battery for troubleshooting, and to return with the body for warranty work. The rest of the time I use aftermarket. In my K5 and K3-II i have been using DSTE, but I have a four pack of Kastar batteries on the way.

05-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did anyone opened panasonic DMW-BLF19? I wonder if bld19 internals can be switched into pentax (clone) battery body. I can buy cheap used panasonics (which I know are used but in good state) and I got some cheap chinese clones with camera which are really bad. I opened one of those clones and it is just classic chinese clone without temperature sensor. I would like to try it but still hesitanting, maybe inside it is different and will not fit.
02-13-2024, 04:50 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skkayman Quote
I wonder if bld19 internals can be switched into pentax (clone) battery body. I can buy cheap used panasonics (which I know are used but in good state) and I got some cheap chinese clones with camera which are really bad.
Did you try yet?