Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Converting F5P to PC Sync - Anybody done it?

I was wondering if there is a flash cable available that has the Pentax 5 pin connection on one and and either a PC or miniplug on the other?

I'm wanting to hook a 540FGZ to a radio slave trigger and was hoping to forgoe a hotshoe adapter. I'm not looking to transmit PTTL information just trigger the flash remotely.

I sort of doubt such a thing exists, but has anyone ever converted the cable? I can't imagine it's that difficult....

07-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of hot shoe adaptors and a pc cable will cost a lot less that an FP5 Pentax cable.... So why bother.

RB
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
A couple of hot shoe adaptors and a pc cable will cost a lot less that an FP5 Pentax cable.... So why bother.

RB
because sometimes it's fun to bother.....

but yeah, you're right.