Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
That is quite possible the case. I wouldn't expect these cheap screens to be produced in any consistent manner. So some (or even many) might work, others don't, like mine...

Ben
Ben, what do you mean by produced ? they are just cut to proper sizes (H x W) from OEM screens... other than that they are the same as in K1000 and X700

07-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Ben, what do you mean by produced ? they are just cut to proper sizes (H x W) from OEM screens... other than that they are the same as in K1000 and X700
Whether you call the production process "just cut down" or otherwise - somehow they "make" screens in a size which fits the K-series from another screen that doesn't. I may be mislead, but from I see, when I look at those screens in front of me, that doesn't make the impression of being a product of an standardized production process, but looks rather homemade. This is the reason, why I doubt the consistency of the results. And in my case both screens don't allow proper focusing. As your screens work - this seems to me proof for a fair amount of variability.

Ben