Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2008, 02:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just bought one of those! yes 50 US dollars...
Not too bad if you ask me, and free shipping too!

Hope my k100d super likes it...
good to see someone else use one and like it.....

08-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I just received may Travor battery grip today. It feels and works great. Now I have a decent battery and still can switch back to AA's if needed. I was surprised that it only weighs 8.2 oz. The quality is good and it only took two weeks to arrive from China. I wish that it had a second shutter release. It also could use a strap lug so it could be carried vertical. The left camera strap tends to get in the way when shoot vertical shots. A lug on the grip would solve this issue. I may add the lug and extra release later. It works great for now. Well worth the money.

Dave
08-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TLC Quote
It’s difficult getting used to the weight at first, but that quickly changes. It’s actually becoming quite comfortable.
I know the Travor grip adds about 5 ounces compared to AA's, but because of the improved balance the camera actually feels lighter in my hand with the grip mounted (not around my neck).

QuoteOriginally posted by TLC Quote
But best of all, I don’t have to worry about that little “batteries are damn near dead” reminder flashing in the corner of the data window.

Thanks for the recommendation.
You're welcome, I'm glad you like it. I think it's a good product at a very good price.

I didn't have any complaints using Rayovac Hybrids. I bought the Travor grip mostly for the improved grip, the ion battery is a bonus. I only got 700 shots on my first rotation, but IME Lithium batteries improve their charging capacity after the first couple of rotations. I don't expect 2000 shots in real-world use but 1000 looks feasible.
09-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I bought one of these and lent it to my brother...

now his camera intermittently rejects normal Ni-MH cells....

what about hte rest of you?

09-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPZ Quote

I don't see what the grip could do to change the camera. My K100DS never worked with normal Eveready rechargeables. I'd get maybe 40 shots and a low battery warning. Same with my Canon A720. Horrible performance with AA's, vs hundreds of shots with Rayovac hybrids.
09-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I have been using mine for a month now. Last night it went flat for the first time,while transfering pictures to the computer. I took it off and installed a set of Everready NIMH AA cells and finished the download. The grip only took 3.5 hours to recharge from a AC outlet. Something must be going on with your cells or body.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPZ Quote

09-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I think it is my brothers camera body....

I only use the battery pack (although it is flat at the mo)....
I have not tried to put single cells in the body since the battery...
Might give it a go just to see...

my brother thinks the battery may be pushing the contacts furthur into the body and making poor contact with the cells when in place in stead of the battery pack....
I dont think so... personaly

oh by the way was my brothers Bday the other day bought him a mono pod from maplin electronics.... very good pod!
I want one too now... but rarely use a tripod let alone a mono pod!
I like to hold the cam if at all possible!

09-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How would this grip compare to eneloops? Does the af work faster due to 6v being supplied to the camera instead of 4.8v?
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #24
Veteran Member

The camera operates just as it would with a fresh of batteries. The difference is that you don't worry about battery life. Use all the burst and onboard flash that you want, without concern.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
How would this grip compare to eneloops? Does the af work faster due to 6v being supplied to the camera instead of 4.8v?
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Hi, Audiobomber, just wondering about the Christmas lights. If you are celebrating Christmas in July, you should send an invitation, don't you think?
They're not Christmas lights...............they're very small PATIO LANTERNS!!
09-22-2008, 04:30 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stgmgr Quote
They're not Christmas lights...............they're very small PATIO LANTERNS!!
Exactly! And since they're only 1/4W each, they're environmentally friendly.
10-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #27
Veteran Member

P100 is very light

The grip only weighs 8oz. and after you subtract the 4.2oz. of the AA batties, you have a weight gain of only 3.8oz. It is well worth the slight increase in weight.

Dave
10-01-2008, 10:50 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I just ordered mine!!
I've been looking for a grip for my K100D for a while now. This looks to be 'the one'. hehe
10-02-2008, 02:19 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I ordered one as well. I'm planning to hack it and install a led or two to aid with the focusing in low light. There should be enough room inside the grip for the leds and a switch.
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Deni,
I have been looking for a source for a decent dual action shutter button. It would be a nice addition for vertical shooting. Maybe I will locate a small screw driver and remove the bottom. I'll post a couple shots of the interior of the grip.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
I ordered one as well. I'm planning to hack it and install a led or two to aid with the focusing in low light. There should be enough room inside the grip for the leds and a switch.