Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Question to Pacsafe Camsafe V9 sling owners.

I hope here is someone who own Pacsafe sling V9 model to verify the size. Some amazon buyers tell that the size is 15 inches long, and it seems a bit longer than my ThinkTank sling, which fits tightly K-1 with DA*300mm attached with the hood reversed if I remove all dividers.

I want to buy Pacsafe sling, specifically V9 (seems and ideal fit for my body), but I want to make sure that the camera (K-1, or K5, or K3) with DA*300mm will fit in there.

10-13-2016, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Seems I will be the one to answer that.
10-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I received the sling today and answer my question
Yes, without dividers this sling fits K-1 with DA*300mm and TC DA 1.4x together, plus there is about 1 inch space left.
Plus it fits at the same time my Dell xps 13" laptop. Having laptop compartment is very handy for the lighter setup.

Perhaps backpack would be better for that weight with the laptop, but I prefer slings for walks and parks (not serious mountain hiking or so).

There are a few pictures, plus the comparison with Think Tank TurnStyle 10 (medium) which fits K-1 and DA*300mm tight, and with TC attached it makes it very tight and uncomfortable, but still possible.

---------- Post added 10-17-16 at 12:46 PM ----------

I'm not crazy about back side fabric. Think Tank sling has nice glossy mesh fabric, but Pacsafe back side is a hair/dust collector from the moment I opened the sling.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo