Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2016, 09:00 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax FluCard may now work with LightRoom's Auto Import!

If you have a little Python knowledge, you can now get your Flucard to download photos in a manner compatible with LightRoom's Auto Import.
Functionality is basically the same as with the old Eye-Fi cards. New files are downloaded to a folder. LightRoom then detects changes in that folder and slurps up the new images.

You can download the Python file from here;
Download or copy/paste to a new Python file.

https://github.com/amoringello/FluCardPro-AutoImport/blob/master/fluImport.py

Notes:
It is designed to work on a Mac. But very slight changes should allow it to work on Windows (simply change the FLUBASE_DIR and FLUBASE_FILE to a Windows location).
You WILL NEED to install the 'requests' Python module. Other than that, standard Python 2.7 or higher (but less than Python 3) should work.

I would be really interested if the same APIs work with the K1's WiFi implementation.
I guess I'll find out this weekend... finally bit the bullet and it should arrive soon. (I have a feeling it won't work though... )

I just wrote this up today and did some amount of testing. But it would be irresponsible to say it is flawless.
** That being said, it cannot possibly damage anything on the card. Nothing is ever written to the card! **
Please do let me know how it goes.

Important:
If you're computer has both wired and wireless connectivity, you may need to disconnect the wired network to avoid network IP conflicts. FluCard Only works on 192.168.1.1, which is most likely what your wired network is using.
Simply connect your wireless to the FluCard and run the python program. (use -h for optional parameters)

Last edited by amoringello; 11-25-2016 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Changed link to GitHub repository.
11-24-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The native wifi uses a simar JSON API. It was documented in another thread recently

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The native wifi uses a simar JSON API. It was documented in another thread recently
Sweet!
11-24-2016, 09:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amoringello Quote
Sweet!
Nice to see some coding done on the Wi-Fi. I ran Wireshark, and everything looks super open to API calls.

11-25-2016, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The K1 is completely incompatible with the FluCard. :-(

But I created a somewhat K1 compatible version here;
https://github.com/amoringello/FluCardPro-AutoImport/blob/master/k1Import.py

Sadly, I cannot find the APIs for getting data from card 2. So this means only slot 1 can be accessed which is where your RAW files would normally be stored. (i.e. SLOW!!!).

As a workaround, the k1 version will only import JPGs. So be sure to set your camera to save RAW+JPG to card 1 and all will be good.
It is amazing though how SLOW the K1's WiFi is. 15 seconds to download a Small jpeg. Wow, what a *terrible* WiFi implementation!
(also, does Pentax really think 12MPixel - 14MByte, file is actually "small"? ugh!)

Anyway, it will get me working with Lightroom. Hopefully someone else may find it useful.

Last edited by amoringello; 11-26-2016 at 02:51 PM.