Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2016, 08:26 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'm not sure you can do that with an iPad (one of the many things that are major irritants when using iOS), otherwise it would be a great solution. That was why I was considering the Flu card in the first place. Go out and take shots while on vacation, transfer some to my iPad via the Flu card and edit.....at least to hold me until I can get home and do them as DNGs in Lightroom on the desktop.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I never made it work for that. That's kind of what I wanted i for. Maybe there's a solution and I just didn't find it, but, for that saving images n the second card in jpg and loading them with a card reader is probably a better idea.

12-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mobi EyeFi should work with their app loaded. Pro card versions permit raw transfers as I understand it.
12-02-2016, 10:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i use the flu card, mostly for remote shutter on my phone, but I did download camera images to my phone and tablet and used snapseed to edit and then posted on instagram. I did it for my vacation pics, but that was the extent of the editing I did with the phone. I used RAW+ setting on the camera, and then I could download the jpgs to the tablet. I was using a kindle tablet, I may have even transferred from kindle to iphone for some reason, I don't recall, but I did it with the both an older Kindle and the iphone and it worked fine. I don't do it often, mainly because I forget to change the camera to jpg so it works!
12-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #19

What about the toshiba flash air card

I haven't heard if anyone has use the toshiba card..was thinking of trying it. Any advice?
Andy

05-19-2017, 02:45 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
it offers much but delivers little
Lots of niggles.
Like interface doesn't display properly in landscape with a regular laptop.
Individual file transfer - useless
card beeps like a b1tch and drops out when inserted into a sd reader on a computer.

good points - you can view images on a phone or pad - how trendy.
it can take a remote shot. Although so can a £5 wireless shutter release.

I used it for focus in astrophotography and it was nice to see the quality of the images on a bigger pad screen
It could be so much more though, pity

Last edited by wahee; 05-19-2017 at 04:13 AM.